PDA

View Full Version : I am new here. I purchased "leased" a popular coupon book business... A bit nervous

LHCPCFL
10-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Hello Everyone,
on 10/18/2013 I purchased the rights to a very popular coupon book business it is part of a franchise, I get all the tools and special pricing as well as their popular name. I feel I have a VERY GOOD CHANCE to make this very successful!! since 10/18/13 I have 20 that want to advertise with me.
We offer great pricing ( about 1/2 of my competition) and at that if I do this right I can make a decent profit. BUT..........
it takes about $3500.00 before I start making profit, this is monthly.

BUT the other guys that own other franchises like me are doing pretty well.

I have good days where I LOVE IT.......... and others that it scares me because I need to collect 3500 monthly before I make a dime!! that 3500 covers my distribution, printing costs, graphics costs, leasing of the name and special rates I get from the company I am working with and leasing this from.
I did this because I have sold for a competitor in the past (only 7 months) but I did well, and their prices and distribution are much worse than mine. I also got laid off and cannot find any decent work that pays anything close to a livable wage.......... I would love advice on this fear that comes and goes........... I am doing "ok" 2 weeks in and have 20 commitments and cash just not the 3500 I need to make any profit!!

I hate working for all the other vendors before I earn a profit... I sure hope I can do this.... I really welcome advice!!!

Thank You

Osprey
10-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Hello Everyone,
on 10/18/2013 I purchased the rights to a very popular coupon book business it is part of a franchise, I get all the tools and special pricing as well as their popular name. I feel I have a VERY GOOD CHANCE to make this very successful!! since 10/18/13 I have 20 that want to advertise with me.
We offer great pricing ( about 1/2 of my competition) and at that if I do this right I can make a decent profit. BUT..........
it takes about $3500.00 before I start making profit, this is monthly.

BUT the other guys that own other franchises like me are doing pretty well.

I have good days where I LOVE IT.......... and others that it scares me because I need to collect 3500 monthly before I make a dime!! that 3500 covers my distribution, printing costs, graphics costs, leasing of the name and special rates I get from the company I am working with and leasing this from.
I did this because I have sold for a competitor in the past (only 7 months) but I did well, and their prices and distribution are much worse than mine. I also got laid off and cannot find any decent work that pays anything close to a livable wage.......... I would love advice on this fear that comes and goes........... I am doing "ok" 2 weeks in and have 20 commitments and cash just not the 3500 I need to make any profit!!

I hate working for all the other vendors before I earn a profit... I sure hope I can do this.... I really welcome advice!!!

Thank You

Break down what you need for the month - then find out how many of your product you must sell in the month to hit that revenue goal. Next, divide that number of deals you need to do per day.

After you know how many commitments you need per day - figure out how many "no's" it takes to get 1 commitment.

Finally, you will know (on average) how many calls you have to make (no's) to get one commitment (yes). That makes it much less daunting and lets you have small goals per day that you can succeed at.

Good Luck!:cool:

lovenwlink
10-30-2013, 10:44 AM
If you are actually half the price of your competition (same reach, same demographics, same draw or open rate etc- but 50% less) raise your prices.
Even 10% you'll still be "cheap" but it will break even sooner and more profitable. Plus I look for a good deal but if its too good a deal I think something is wrong.
Go thru the competitors book and start calling and mailing everyone that is in that book to try yours, use a first time advertiser rate.