PDA

View Full Version : Soccer business paperwork

claudiucet
10-28-2013, 09:42 PM
Hi,I am originally from Romania and lived happily married in North Carolina since 2001.I am coaching soccer ,and I did start my own little tutoring so called business. I do want to expand a little ,by creating a mini soccer club with players between age of 8 and 12.I am in process to contact Parks and Recs in order to obtain fields. But here come my question...can anybody give me a clue ,or a link ...what papers do I need to have in order to have my club affiliated, basically I want to know what papers do I need to have for the club as a existing business ,so if I go and talk to anybody in order to obtain fields, or sponsorship what papers do I need to show them. I hope my questions are not confusing. Thank you. Any idea will be really appreciate it.

Freelancier
10-29-2013, 09:19 AM
You probably just need to register your business' name somewhere and set up a bank account. And probably obtain liability insurance.

Best first step, though, would be to talk to Parks & Recs to see what they want from you as a new soccer club/league to reserve fields on a regular basis for practice and games. Next, see what other leagues are nearby and talk to them... you may find that it's better to join or partner with another league that's already going than to start forming your own. And they may be happy to talk to you about what it takes to get started.