PDA

View Full Version : Good Software Program for Service Business?

Discreet RP
11-08-2013, 09:36 PM
Hi,

I have a service based business and would love any advise on some software programs to modernize my files. Everything is now paper-based and I need to get with the times since our business is growing.

Ideally it would have a database where I can store all my customers information, generate quotes, sales orders and invoices, place notes on customer accounts, keep track of how much has been paid and owed, and some kind of calender so my employees can see the appointments and stops for the day.

I'm not sure if anything like this exists. Please let me know what you use and how you feel about it. Maybe that will point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Kristine

Freelancier
11-09-2013, 06:37 AM
It's called "Customer Relationship Management" (CRM) software + an accounting package. If you get them combined, there's a good chance it won't do either well, so look for two packages... one to manage your customers and one to manage your business' books. Lots of online and offline CRM packages out there... for an accounting package, talk with your accountant and see what he/she recommends (my guess will be Quickbooks, since it's the easiest choice for most small businesses).

Discreet RP
11-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Thanks! I'll look into CRM software. I have been told to do Quickbooks too. I was hoping I could get an all in one, but you're right. They will probably be better programs if kept separate.

Thanks for the answer!

Dana_White
11-12-2013, 04:58 PM
I'm not sure what kind of business you have, but it might be worth looking into Booker software.

We use SalonBooker (http://www.salonbooker.com/) in my salon because it has all of those types of features in one package. They have software for all kinds of businesses so there might be a version for exactly what you're looking for.

Discreet RP
11-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Thanks Dana! I will definitely look into it. We run a rodent proofing company, so a bit different...but the basic needs for the software are probably similar.

Desk Jockeys
11-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Hi Kristine,

On the accounting software front I would recommend Wave (www.waveapps.com). Their web app has invoicing capabilities along with the general accounting functions. In my opinion it's bit more user-friendly and intuitive than Quickbooks, plus it's free.

krymson
11-15-2013, 12:37 PM
I like openERP (https://www.openerp.com/) This software has literally everything from inventory, accounting, project management, HR, purchasing, sales, the whole kit and caboodle. I run mac, so I don't get to utilize much of it but when I had my windows computer it was awesome.

Harold Mansfield
11-16-2013, 03:23 PM
There may be some industry specific software for you, but it's hard to say without knowing what business you're in.

I've never seen nor had an all in one for my business. I use one program for bookkeeping and invoicing, Outlook as a back up for organizing contacts and communications, and a self hosted Client Management software for keeping client 's technical info, scheduled tasks, history and jobs organized.

From my experience and investigation there isn't one software that does everything I need, the way I need it.

carloborja
11-25-2013, 02:15 AM
This list of CRM software might help:
http://www.staff.com/blog/comparison-of-crm-software/

It compares the top options you could look at. Most of them are mentioned on the previous posts.

Just check out the features of each and see which one would fit your business process.