PDA

View Full Version : Local LLC for Offshore Company?

cmyzie28
11-12-2013, 09:04 PM
I am in the process of setting up an offshore entity out of which to run a finanical trading business. I am resorting to an offshore location strictly to gain access to international brokers who will not take US accounts, NOT for any tax avoidance or anonymity. The brokers have requested that my corporate structure be as simple as possible.

Because I will still have some expenses that must be payed in the US, I was thinking I should also be creating a US-based LLC as well. Does that make sense? Should my US based LLC be the owner of the offshore company? Or should I own both directly?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Freelancier
11-12-2013, 10:07 PM
You sooooooo want to go meet with an lawyer and accountant versed in international banking laws. It's not enough to set up these entities, you have to also maintain them, which takes paperwork, so you might as well start now getting the professionals in place to help you. You know, instead of random anonymous people on a free forum.

cmyzie28
11-12-2013, 11:40 PM
Yes, of course you are right, and I will be talking with a lawyer to go over the specifics at some point. I just wanted to start to get an idea of how it would look.