PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the UK

UK_Business_Consultant
11-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Hi

I've just joined the forum. I'm Nigel and I'm a business owner and Business Consultant from the UK.

I'm here because I am looking to network with businesses in the USA with a view to doing business with or in the USA. I own a number of businesses at the moment and I have been involved with a wide range of businesses from new start ups to those with a 7 figure turnover, providing long and short term consulatancy on a variety of different issues. Being an ex police senior trainer, I have also designed and delivered training solutions covering a range of areas from crime prevetion to management and personal development.

I'm particularly interested to see if I can help any business in the USA that would benefit from learning more about the way business is done here in the UK or who wish to break into the UK market but require help to do so.

Best wishes

Nigel, England

vangogh
12-01-2013, 01:49 AM
Welcome to the forum Nigel. We certainly have plenty of people here from the US so there should be plenty of opportunity for you to connect. Glad to have you here and thanks for joining the community.

Gabe
12-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Hi Nigel, welcome to the forum.

medion
12-19-2013, 10:16 AM
hello Nigel, how are things in the UK? would it be too much to ask you in what businesses you have experience, and mostly are they still or were they advertised in a way, and which way would be the best. I only ask because of my own business will require advertising once it is up an running, and i do think investing in bilboards and online advertising is expensive and not very productive,so i hope i will be able to contact you for some knowledge. greetings from New York

UK_Business_Consultant
12-19-2013, 11:41 AM
hello Nigel, how are things in the UK? would it be too much to ask you in what businesses you have experience, and mostly are they still or were they advertised in a way, and which way would be the best. I only ask because of my own business will require advertising once it is up an running, and i do think investing in bilboards and online advertising is expensive and not very productive,so i hope i will be able to contact you for some knowledge. greetings from New York

Its warm in the UK for December for a change :D How is it in NY?

I have been involved in lots of different businesses such as car parts and accessories, auto repair shop, wedding cars, funeral services, jewellery manufacture and retail, training services to name a few.

As for advertising and marketing, it is a massive subject which can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. Some of my businesses spent nothing on marketing and advertising and worked very well. Other spent tens of thousands of dollars (or pounds) a year and didnt get anywhere near the results that were needed.

Much depends on the type of business that you are involved with and the size of your margins. If you can explain what it is that you are doing, I can give some specific advice. All forms of advertising have their uses and I have used both billboards and online advertising with very good results but it very much depends on the circumstances.

If you let me know more about your business, I will make some suggestions.

KristineS
12-19-2013, 12:00 PM
Hello Nigel, welcome to the forum.