PDA

View Full Version : Can help me find franchises to buy?

Mark91
01-06-2014, 11:18 AM
I am interested in franchise or franchise-like opportunities which have an Established brand but don't have a major upfront start up fee.
Does anyone know of a website which can offer help with this type of research?

KristineS
01-06-2014, 12:00 PM
Try Franchise.com (http://www.franchise.com/franchise-directory.cfm?nolinks&src=google_buygeneral3_FD6&gclid=CKeA--yC6rsCFdE-Mgodp04Amw). They have a listing for many different franchises that are available. Some of these do have lower upfront fees.

Mark91
01-06-2014, 12:43 PM
Thank you.
Is there a specific name for a business which is similar to a franchise though doesn't include the franchise fees? Or is that just wishful thinking?

Freelancier
01-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Is there a specific name for a business which is similar to a franchise though doesn't include the franchise fees? Or is that just wishful thinking?

If it's a "franchise", it means there's a franchiser who is managing the brand for you and providing marketing, financial, operational assistance as you get started.

Everything else is not a franchise, but buying a business or coming up with your own unique or derivative idea. There's no free lunch when it comes to starting a business... either you pay someone else for the idea and processes or you think it up yourself.

Steve B
01-06-2014, 09:58 PM
I offer my business model and associated training for sale as a business opportunity. If you like working with dogs - I could help you. PM me if you want more details.

junglepreneur
01-27-2014, 04:23 AM
Close friends and family members have your best interests at heart, and their suggestions comes from a place of love and concern for your well-being. No one would recommend making the personal, professional and financial commitment to launching a business without talking to your loved ones.

But close friends and family are not subject matter professionals and their advice can - intentionally or not - discourage a new business project. The individuals who love you worry about what could occur if you fail, and their intuition will be to secure you from the risk.

LordVito9
01-31-2014, 01:05 AM
That depends on your skills,experience,finances and abilities.

Your health,financial goals and motivations also play a part. There are no quality franchises for free sadly,so no matter what,quality will always cost money. So it all depends on what you want,where you are based,what kind of franchise,what kind of industry,etc etc.

Good Luck