PDA

View Full Version : How to get fake reviews deleted ?

lomeydecos
01-09-2014, 08:30 PM
:confused:Well recently, I found my competitors posting fake reviews on my Google map places, reviews. I have tried to mark flag as inappropriate, but not getting them off there. I even suggested Google to look into them and delete, but still not done. Our clients post their experience and it goes down, I mean the fake review, but every time we have to do that.
There seems to be no option, even to reply to it, this function is very annoying. How to best deal, in this situation? Please suggest.

Wozcreative
01-09-2014, 08:50 PM
When you mark something as inappropriate you are only saying that the comment is not appropriate for readers. IE there is something offensive on it.
How do you know they are fake reviews?

huggytree
01-09-2014, 08:51 PM
how do you know they are reviews from your competitors???

are they signed with their company names???

this is an issue I always have when a obvious crazy customer gives a bad review....there's never any arbitration to reviews

anyone can say anything about anyone.....in your case they don't even have to be a customer...anyone can make anything up and the company is stuck with it

Wozcreative
01-09-2014, 09:30 PM

this is an issue I always have when a obvious crazy customer gives a bad review....there's never any arbitration to reviews

anyone can say anything about anyone.....in your case they don't even have to be a customer...anyone can make anything up and the company is stuck with it

True, sometimes having great customer service helps though! Companies that respond to bad reviews show that they pay attention. I don't mind buying from a supplier who has bad reviews but have seemed to resolve it.

Harold Mansfield
01-10-2014, 11:54 AM
I don't know how long you've been dealing with this, but Google can be slow to respond to pretty much everything. But besides that, many companies are reluctant to remove reviews at all unless they think they are fake good reviews. I know. Crazy. However, if they ever do take a look and see something simple such as they are all from the same IP address, you may get some help.

Your best bet is to respond to the reviews and make yourself look like a customer service stud. If you are sure that they are fake, call them out on it with statements like "we have no record of ever having served you, but if you can give us a little more info on when we did, we'll be more than happy to [whatever]...".

People who read or rely on reviews are also aware of review trolls. So a bad review is not the kiss of death. Sometimes your response to a bad review can be the best opportunity you've ever had to prove how awesome you are.

Brian Altenhofel
01-10-2014, 01:57 PM

I've actually had a client that had a competitor that had employees leaving false reviews for every competitor in the market. It was pretty obvious who it was with the names, as well as "next time I'll just call <so and so>".

Waited a week on Google to deal with it with their reporting... nothing. Finally got the client to have their attorney (and the attorneys for some of the other competitors) send a notice to that competitor that they were risking lawsuits for defamation and intentional injury of a business by means of false public statements. Couple of days later, we watched as reviews were deleted one-by-one. (If Google was doing it, it would have been in a batch.) We're talking a lot of reviews, too... 5 employees of this one competitor each leaving reviews on each of their 150+ competitors.