PDA

View Full Version : Hello, "kia-ora" From New Zealand

NZBSS
01-13-2014, 10:04 AM
Living & Loving New Zealand! Absolutely a stunning place.
I want to use my skills to help get the word out there about Small Business in New Zealand
by providing a free links directory & optional blog postings.

Wozcreative
01-13-2014, 12:31 PM
Very interesting! I was looking at New Zealand the other day as a possible country to move to. It looks beautiful and seems very calm.
As a freelance designer I can probably make it work there. Unfortunately I'd probably have to get a Visa and I doubt graphic designers from Canada are in demand there. I do have a Poland passport so maybe that could be the window to migrating there?

What do you like about new zealand? How is the culture? How is business? Are there a lot of small businesses/entrepreneurs? Hows the cost of living there? :)

Gabe
01-13-2014, 03:07 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum!

And Woz, you should consider San Diego, CA ;) Awesome weather year around, great WordPress community, lots of events and things to do, etc.

Wozcreative
01-13-2014, 03:15 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum!

And Woz, you should consider San Diego, CA ;) Awesome weather year around, great WordPress community, lots of events and things to do, etc.

I hear there's lots of earthquakes there though?? It was an option... Either way I think id still have to get a working temp visa :/

NZBSS
01-20-2014, 01:34 AM
Hi, I love the place, it's very honest and yes there's a lot of small business, hence the reason I started by site ;) The South Island is extremely beautiful but very cold in winter, and in some parts very isolated. Business is very good here, a lot of different people from all over the world, and we are all "mates" ;) NZ is small, only about 4.5 mil population. 1.5 of them live in, or near Auckland - I live in a small coastal place, with about 50k people. have had lot's of earthquakes lately. I cam over as I am IT qualified, best to look at the short skills list - see the nz immigration website - very useful. I have met quite a few Canadians over here in NZ. Best advice, come for a holiday, and check things out. 2/3 weeks here will give you enough time to see it all. Some places I have been is truly God's back yard, it is that stunning.

NZBSS
01-20-2014, 01:36 AM
LOL :) There's was a 6.3 today in Wellington - best places to see if there's interest in the work you do are seek.co.nz & tradme.co.nz (the 2 biggest job sites) - a work visa takes 5 to 10 days and allows you to work only at the place that issued sponsored you