PDA

View Full Version : Managing a small business open for 6 months

RobertDoerrUpholstery
01-16-2014, 10:22 AM
Good morning fellow followers. My husband and I own a small upholstery business in Florida and I am in need of some guidance. We are starting to gain a lot of inventory (materials) and we are looking for a way to keep up with the total amount of inventory as well as a way to keep up with the jobs pending monies coming in and going out. Is there any information on things we can do to get a handle on this. With us being a small and young business we are trying to keep costs down. I have thought about excel but am not well versed on it. Basically I am hoping to find a way to log all materials, all jobs, link proper materials with correct jobs, estimates, and keep track of the overflow. Thank you kindly for any help you can offer.

Patrysha
01-16-2014, 11:26 AM
I would think that a program like SAGE or Quicken would be better suited to your needs than Excel - especially if you aren't already familiar with Excel or small business accounting. Do you have an accountant chosen for your business? If so, then getting a recommendation from them on which program to choose and why would probably be worth the consultation fee.

RobertDoerrUpholstery
01-16-2014, 12:47 PM
Sounds great, thanks for the advice :)