PDA

View Full Version : How many do you list per day?

dereksbicycles
01-29-2014, 11:49 AM
I wanted to ask this question to people who sells online full time. Do you keep in mind how many items you list per day or week? Such as maybe 50 items per day or 300 items per week? Also, if you list one of your item for sale on 5 different sites, would you count this as 1 post or 5 posts.

For example, I may have a goal of listing 50 items per day online. I may decide to list 10 different items to 5 different sites. Would that satisfy a goal or is it better to find 50 different items?

Harold Mansfield
01-29-2014, 12:01 PM
I wanted to ask this question to people who sells online full time. Do you keep in mind how many items you list per day or week? Such as maybe 50 items per day or 300 items per week? Also, if you list one of your item for sale on 5 different sites, would you count this as 1 post or 5 posts.

For example, I may have a goal of listing 50 items per day online. I may decide to list 10 different items to 5 different sites. Would that satisfy a goal or is it better to find 50 different items?

I don't understand what you mean by list? On your website? Online classifieds? Ebay?

dereksbicycles
01-29-2014, 12:05 PM
I don't understand what you mean by list? On your website? Online classifieds? Ebay?
I meant listing items online in general no matter what forum. It would be E Bay, Craigslist, Etsy, Kijiji, etc.

Harold Mansfield
01-29-2014, 12:16 PM
I meant listing items online in general no matter what forum. It would be E Bay, Craigslist, Etsy, Kijiji, etc.

Seems like an awful lot of work. I don't think volume is the answer. I think targeting and optimization is. I can understand creating a profile and listing items on the most beneficial marketplaces for your niche, but you will get far more interest and it will take far less time in the long run placing items on your well designed, and well optimized website as the main marketplace.

Google is still the #1 place where people search for things. The name of the game isn't how many places you can get in the face of a general audience. It's how to bring people directly to you when they are looking for what you have to offer, and are ready to purchase.

But if you just need an answer to your question, I'd say it depends on what is working. If you list 50 times a day and get inquiries or sales from that, then you need to fine tune it and double down on it.

But if you are doing all of this listing and it's not doing anything, then you need to re-evaluate your strategy.

itflush
01-30-2014, 11:18 AM
Well I think on your website you have to put all of your inventory at once and you're done. If you get more items add them right away. You can connect your store with facebook and it would work same as your original store. As of ebay and kijiji it all depends what you're selling. If its a product that a lot of people are selling you would have to do it more often because your ad would go on page 2,3,4......Good thing is that if you have an item I like I can go to your store on ebay and see all of your products. Same goes for kijiji. Post daily what you think is your best selling item or two and add in your add "look at my other items". That way if I click on the link I can see all of your products.
Hope that helps

KristineS
01-30-2014, 11:36 AM
If you were selling through this method, I'd imagine at first you'd list everywhere to find out which venues brought the most sales and traffic. Once you had a solid selling history, I would guess you would refine where you posted and spend the majority of your time on the sites that brought the most sales. Why waste time on sites where no one ever buys?

billbenson
01-30-2014, 12:44 PM
I think its best to think of your website as a product catalog. List all products. You could put rotating specials on the home page.

I have over 3k products on my site and my phone rings all day long. I don't like the method you are suggesting. Particularly it will hurt your search engine rankings. Just my opinion of course.

Wozcreative
01-30-2014, 04:30 PM
It's a poor business model to be listing like that all the time. Most people that resell items they do it via 1 or 2 websites (their own and a third party.. like amazon or ebay).
Usually they'll list everything they have to offer at one time. Or set aside a day in a week to do it if theres a lot.

FlyPizzaGuy
01-31-2014, 05:21 PM
Seems like an awful lot of work. I don't think volume is the answer. I think targeting and optimization is. I can understand creating a profile and listing items on the most beneficial marketplaces for your niche, but you will get far more interest and it will take far less time in the long run placing items on your well designed, and well optimized website as the main marketplace.

Google is still the #1 place where people search for things. The name of the game isn't how many places you can get in the face of a general audience. It's how to bring people directly to you when they are looking for what you have to offer, and are ready to purchase.

But if you just need an answer to your question, I'd say it depends on what is working. If you list 50 times a day and get inquiries or sales from that, then you need to fine tune it and double down on it.

But if you are doing all of this listing and it's not doing anything, then you need to re-evaluate your strategy.

Bingo. You hit the nail on the head and its a sketchy way of making money unless you own the product. Like being a middle man and your the one being held responsible.

Brian Altenhofel
01-31-2014, 07:23 PM
You really should automate that - whether it's on auction sites or your own site.