PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Illinois

Stormy day
02-22-2014, 09:48 PM
Hello, my name is stormy, I have a small construction business as well as a small farming operation. My wife is in pet care and we have a plan to get her self employed in the near future. I'm not sure how much help I can be to anyone here but I'll try. I probably have more questions than most

vangogh
02-22-2014, 10:28 PM
Welcome to the forum stormy. It's fine if you have more questions. Truth is I think we all have more questions than answers. Something tells me you'll be able to contribute more than you think too. All it really takes is an opinion and a willingness to share it. Looking forward to chatting with you and thanks for joining the community.

David Hunter
02-23-2014, 01:53 PM
Welcome, Stormy!

Your wife is looking to start her own pet care business?

Stormy day
02-23-2014, 02:51 PM
Eventually, she bathed dogs and did their nails and things like this in a mom and pops shop when we lived in Wyoming, then did the same here in Illinois for a corporate outfit for over two years. She really enjoys working with the dogs and has a certain patience for working with animals that it seems most don't, even in the pet care business. I may be putting the cart before the horse a bit here cause she still has to complete grooming school or complete an apprenticeship program of some kind. She may have to work in a shop for who ever she apprentices with to fulfill a contract. It may be a longer term goal but we are trying to start preparing now. Near future may have been a poor choice of words on my part. We have talked about hiring a part time groomer to work with her in her own shop to try and get things rolling a little quicker. As you can tell we are still in the planning stages!

David Hunter
02-24-2014, 07:30 PM
Planning is the start to success!

At least with an apprenticeship she'll gain more experience with the business.

I love my dogs, but I sure don't have the patience groom them. ha! Well, my one dog loves water so it's easy to give him a bath. :-)

Gabe
03-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum :)