PDA

View Full Version : new E-commerce site - need review

ihds6778
03-10-2014, 04:18 AM
Hi all.
I'm new here, but read a lot of the stuff and gain a lot of good input.
I've built this new e-commerce site foxlogo.net, which provide a service of animating Logos.
It's been built on Wordpress & Woocommerce.
I'd really love to hear what you think of it - Styling wise, Content, shopper experience, etc.
Thanks!!

Hi,
The comments are really given here are useful for you to make a sensible decision. Being in the IT and the digital marketing field for 8 years combined, I would also like to give my 2sense to this discussion. Hope it will be helpful. So here goes...

When developing a website for your business whether its a small business or a large enterprise, your business objectives should be aligned with the objectives of developing (or revamping) the website. First question you should ask is a website revamp a necessary? What are the issues of the current website? Do bit of a analyzing. Following are some of the pointers.

Were you getting no inquiries
Less website traffic
The design is out of date
Business structure, products, services have changed
More competition

Based on this you will be able to figure out how important is the website revamp for you.
If you were not getting any inquiries from the previous website then you definitely should not give it to the same guy. Also if the SEO guy cannot get your website ranking up previously then he shouldnt be developing the website as well. However also keep in mind that business growth through your website is not just SEO. Its a integration of many aspects. When developing a website to be successful with the competition following components needed to be included in a website.

High quality world class design (do a research a latest web design samples)
Mobile Compatibility (very important) - Responsive design that fit to various devices such as ipad, iphone, Samsung galaxy etc. Each device has a different screen size which needs to be tested (vertically and horizontally)
Browser Compatibility – Different browsers and within each browser different versions needs to be tested
SEO – Optimized for the RELEVANT key words initially. The key words needed to be identifies that are relevant to the your industry and customers searching patterns. Also the content needs to be written accordingly for better online performance. Once the ranking is high from the initial SEO then the continuous SEO should be
Analytic Reports – Web site performance report and most importantly suggestions on how to use those analytic reports to improve marketing activities in your business.
Social Media Integration - Integrating Social media website is important for many product based small businesses due to the market segment is mainly on social media channels. However make sure your social media pages are well maintained and updated.
Content Management System - This will give you scalability. It allows you to add additional pages by your-self and maintain your website saving you much cost on the website maintenance.
Reliable hosting environment
Excellent customer support - These should able to give you reliable, valid suggestion on how to improve your business through digital mediums and take care of your current businesses . Usually having "a guy" will not be suitable for this. You should be able to get a service from a good eMarketing solution company. However there are consultants who can do this job for you.

If you have the above features and only then will your website will produce successful results to your business.

Hope my comment helps. If you need more information please send me a message to isuru.desilva@ebeyonds.com

Good luck!