PDA

View Full Version : Logo for nutrition and wellness coaching business

Lia
03-09-2014, 07:01 PM
Hello,
I would like to have a logo for my business, that will appear on my cards, brochures and so on.
Where do I find something original? How to go about getting some info on that? Thanks

Wozcreative
03-09-2014, 08:24 PM
A logo is a unique "signature" that is supposed to represent your company. It is not something you can find but something you need to have a designer who specializes in this sort of design. Usually it is best to go with someone that has a lot of experience as they know all the limitations that an image like that would have. They can produce the artwork in file formats which later you can take to any printer/designer and have it enlarged or shrunken without losing any integrity. Usually you can't hire just any designer as logo design is more about marrying illustration, typography, negative space and meaning to a very small piece of visual.

A logo needs to be original and should be copyrightable. You cannot just go online and find something.. all images online are owned by someone. So this is why you need to hire someone to get a custom job done for you. But make sure you hire someone that will do it right, legally (not stolen work) and someone that knows how to translate your business to your consumers with a small mark.

I'm actually a freelance graphic and web designer that specializes in branding, and re-branding niche, small and medium businesses. I have a lot of samples of logo designs on my portfolio. You can find my portfolio in my signature. And if you feel that I may not be the right fit for your project, you can at least get an idea of what logos/branding is. wozcreative.com (http://www.wozcreative.com)

Lia
03-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Thank you for your advice

Wozcreative
03-11-2014, 10:37 PM
My pleasure! Hope it shed some light to what logos are and how you can get one :)

KristineS
03-12-2014, 01:37 PM
Definitely work with an experienced designer. There are places where you can buy logos very cheaply, but they aren't very original logos. Generally what happens is someone copies or slightly changes an existing logo or makes a logo from clip art and sells it. Not the way to go. Remember this logo will represent your business on every piece of literature, every business card, every online site and every garment or promotional item you give out. It needs to be done well to represent your business in the best way possible. An experienced designer will be able to advise you on what will work best, trends for logos in your industry and even things like how your logo will mesh with other logos. It's a small thing, but speaking as someone who markets for two different companies, with with a large horizontal logo and one with a vertical logo, it can make a difference.