PDA

View Full Version : marketing vs advertsing

tinker9696
03-15-2014, 03:30 PM
What is the real difference between marketing and advertising.
As I have been reading some of the posts I thought i saw something pertaining to this and I can't find it.

Freelancier
03-15-2014, 04:07 PM
advertising is one tactic used in marketing.

social media is one tactic used in marketing.

answering the phone when you're called is one tactic used in marketing.

The better question is: what's your marketing strategy and how do your tactics fit in with that? :)

tinker9696
03-15-2014, 04:29 PM
since I have been on this forum which lit a fire under my butt to get out of my funk and use action in advertising, I have been doing whatever I can to become more visible. I even posted on Craigs list and I hate Craigs list. I am not extremely computer savvy compared to most but I am doing whatever I can to get more exposure and utilize whatever is free on the internet for advertising. I want to thank you all for your wisdom and experience. This forum has been a blessing!!!!

David Hunter
03-15-2014, 10:08 PM
Freelancier nailed it!

SkyyCreaTech
03-20-2014, 09:09 AM
Marketing is an ocean and advertising is a drop. Let us be little technical.

Marketing is a sum of 4Ps.
- Product
- Price
- Promotion
- Place

Promotions are further divided in two category.
- ATL = Above the line
- BTL = Below the line

ATL promotions are Advertising :)

websitebuildersteacher
06-19-2014, 01:51 PM
Advertising is a part of marketing. In other words, first you must choose your marketing strategy (like "creating [only] small web sites [only] for small businesses"). This strategy will determine all your marketing: what prices you should have? what website features should you offer? where can you find your prospects? where or how can you advertise? and more: what should you write on your web site? what should your logo look like? etc.