PDA

View Full Version : BBB Rating

MileHigh
03-27-2014, 04:16 PM
We have been in business for just over 5 years. We became accredited with the BBB, but because of a few complaints (less that 0.5% of our customer base), our rating went from an A+ to a C+...is there any known way to quickly bring up our rating that anyone is aware of? According to the BBB it takes 3 years for the complaint to drop off -- but I have seen our competitors go from a F rating to an A+ rating overnight.

Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated!

huggytree
03-27-2014, 06:34 PM
We have been in business for just over 5 years. We became accredited with the BBB, but because of a few complaints (less that 0.5% of our customer base), our rating went from an A+ to a C+...is there any known way to quickly bring up our rating that anyone is aware of? According to the BBB it takes 3 years for the complaint to drop off -- but I have seen our competitors go from a F rating to an A+ rating overnight.

Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated!

if .5% of your customers are mad enough to complain to the BBB id consider changing your business practices...what do you think your real % is of extremely unhappy customers? I guarantee 90%+ of your angry customers wouldn't take it to the level of a BBB complaint, so you must have tons more unhappy

my 1 complaint took me to a A- for 3 years.....now im back up to an A.....I don't think there is any way to get rid of complaints.......I actually think a competitor could pretend to be a customer and complain about you and it would stick.....the BBB needs an arbitrator to remove bogus/abusive customer complaints....anyone can complain and your stuck w/ the results

good luck!

Freelancier
03-29-2014, 07:11 AM
I was under the impression that there was a process with BBB to resolve complaints and that resolved complaints wouldn't count against you...?

Steve B
03-29-2014, 08:40 AM
And to think businesses pay a fee to be a member of the BBB.

huggytree
03-29-2014, 09:12 AM
I was under the impression that there was a process with BBB to resolve complaints and that resolved complaints wouldn't count against you...?

nope

someone complains it counts against you no matter what the complaint it...whether its an abusive customer or not......if it goes back and forth and doesn't turn into a 2nd letter back and forth they assume its been resolved....they don't even check...they assume.....my complaint against me was someone asking to repipe her whole house for free because when I repiped 3' of it rust got in her faucets....she said the rust wasn't there before I started, so I ruined her 80 year old plumbing....it was completely out of line and either an idiot customer or someone trying to get a free repipe from me.....the BBB did nothing but lower my rating....no arbitrator to throw out bogus complaints.....

David Hunter
03-30-2014, 10:19 AM
And to think businesses pay a fee to be a member of the BBB.

Does the business get deleted off BBB if they cancel their membership? Might be worth a try.

huggytree
03-30-2014, 01:26 PM
Does the business get deleted off BBB if they cancel their membership? Might be worth a try.

paying gets you accredited....not paying just gets you a normal account where you cant use their logo

your rating has nothing to do with membership