PDA

View Full Version : Tech support business question

Kyle
04-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Hello small business community!

I am going to start a business this summer where I help people with their technical issues. I will be getting paid in cash or credit in person, and if I get calls through the phone I want to be able to get paid for those. Would there be a way I can take a card number before and validate it so it is not fake so I could bill them for services rendered?

Thank you,
Kyle

Mak1178
04-03-2014, 12:32 AM
Yes, a paypal account would solve this problem.

Brian Altenhofel
04-03-2014, 12:58 AM
Both Square and Intuit (if you're using Quickbooks) offer mobile card swiping.

https://squareup.com/

creditcard guru
04-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Hi Kyle,
there absolutely is a way to do that. it is called a pre-auth and post-auth (ticket only) transaction. In a transaction there are always 2 parts the authorization and then sending the proff to the bank. In most cases when the authorization happens it it puts the transaction in place to be sent to the processor at the end of your day when you batch out. However in your case you would do a pre-auth which will authorize the transaction and give you a six digit auth code but the transaction will not be included in your batch at the end of the day. Once you complete the project you then put through a post-auth (or ticket only) which will take the information and add it to your batch for processing. please note that you will need the credit card #, experation date, CVV2 code and auth # to do a ticket only. Please let me know if you have any further questions

Harold Mansfield
04-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Hello small business community!

I am going to start a business this summer where I help people with their technical issues. I will be getting paid in cash or credit in person, and if I get calls through the phone I want to be able to get paid for those. Would there be a way I can take a card number before and validate it so it is not fake so I could bill them for services rendered?

Thank you,
Kyle
Use Square as was suggested or Pay Pal mobile. 1st Hour billed up front. Problem solved.