PDA

View Full Version : Marketing and Business Development through Blogging

mrcfoodsrvc
04-03-2014, 05:31 PM
Hi All,

I am new to my company and have started a blog to inform people about our company. We are an online sleep apnea supply store and we make people's lives easier by selling them CPAP supplies at low rates. I have done most of this work by myself and am looking for some Ideas to expand on the business and help us grow exponentially. I figured coming to the world of the Forums would help me establish a solid foundation in growing with my company and becoming successful. Listed below is a link to my blog.

www.easybreathe.com/blog/

My first questions are about the formatting of our blog. How do you all like the layout? Anything I should change? We post a lot of our blogs on the internet that you've probably seen. Take a look and let me know what you think. I'll appreciate help from anyone I can find. Tips are always a stepping stone for me to learn and become successful.

Thanks again.

David Hunter
04-03-2014, 10:05 PM
Hi mrcfoodsrvc,

Right now you have the three newest blog posts in small boxes and the older posts in bigger boxes.

I would make the newest blog post the biggest.

Also, I love color, but it feels very busy. At first glance, the tabs at the top looks like a banner ad to me.

Hopefully others will chime in too.

Rock on!

Harold Mansfield
04-04-2014, 12:28 AM
I'm confused. You said you are new to the company and have just started this blog, but the post dates go back over a year.

mrcfoodsrvc
04-04-2014, 09:22 AM
Thank you guys for the replies.

I was a little iffy with the colors, will definitely keep that in mind. Nothing's permanent, as we are in a trial period.

Harold, to answer your question, let me clarify... I am new to the department. The company has always had some different articles, we only recently started with the blog, as well as using different outlets to advertise it.

Do either of you have business websites I can compare mine (ours) to?

Thanks again

Harold Mansfield
04-04-2014, 10:17 AM
Thank you guys for the replies.

I was a little iffy with the colors, will definitely keep that in mind. Nothing's permanent, as we are in a trial period.
I like it. It's not your standard format but I think it works.

Harold, to answer your question, let me clarify... I am new to the department. The company has always had some different articles, we only recently started with the blog, as well as using different outlets to advertise it.
Thanks for clearing that up. Starting a blog was a good idea.

Do either of you have business websites I can compare mine (ours) to?

You can usually see people's websites in their signature. Personally I don't blog on my business website that often, at least not as much as I should.

mrcfoodsrvc
04-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Tried posting a reply to you all, but it did not appear to post. Perhaps I'm looking at this correctly. I will check again when I have time and see if it has been posted, and if not I will reply with what I wanted to say. That being said, thank you for the replies. I have many more questions to ask!

David Hunter
04-04-2014, 06:04 PM
Ask away! :-)

mrcfoodsrvc
04-07-2014, 05:36 PM
Thank you! Was very curious about how people felt about our photos on the blog. We were doing them ourselves until we were put onto PS disasters website for terrible photo shopping. You've probably seen some of our stuff there. What do you think of the newer posts photos?

Damon the Marketer
04-12-2014, 09:43 AM
Where're your CTAs?