PDA

View Full Version : Need help with creating a business

GoodRising
04-10-2014, 09:54 AM
Hello!

My name is Kevin and I'm 19 years old male from Estonia. I have had one idea for a while now which I would like to get start with. Idea is to make a web page that sells movies, which buyers can watch online(without downloading). What would be different is that if you buy a movie it stays on your account and you can watch it from every PC, where you have logged in(and which have decent internet connection). But unfortunately I only have a vison and enthusiast but no real experience or knowledge. I assume I need web page, servers which holds/plays movies and also the selling rights of the movies (which requires communicating with movie companies).I have some more aspects and ideas for all this but I dont want to publish them all right now. As you probably already understood I need information and guidence how all this would work. Also, if there is anyone who wants to start all this with me and who believes in my idea your welcome to contact with me.

Wozcreative
04-10-2014, 11:08 AM
What would be the difference to someone who has a netflix, hulu account that that only pays $8/month to watch their library of movies, tv shows etc.?
What about those people who have a jailbroken apple TV or a TV Box that can watch any move they want free?

I have a TV box And can watch any movie I want free at any time. Most people enjoy watching movies on their TV or mobile device too. If you are only doing PC, this is very limiting. What about those people who don't always have the internet with them? You're saying they paid for a movie and they can't watch it whenever they want?

You will need to figure out what the benefit of paying for one movie but not downloading it is.

GoodRising
04-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Good point and your right in every way, but still i think my idea has good value (although i do not really know all the programs/services you listed).Plus there is a part that I did not want to tell at first but now I am kinda force to do-I would add non-mandatory games/ads to my web page that would give points when people watch/play them and with certain amount of points you can buy movies(kinda like Lockerz did i believe and some other web pages).

For the part about people not having internet connection everywhere is very unlikely cause there is a bunch of free wifi areas besides, everyone who has a smart-phone has probably internet too.And i believe it is not very complicated to make this web-page and service work on most platforms(PC,iPhone,iPad etc.)