PDA

View Full Version : Mobile mechanic business.

rob b.
04-14-2014, 02:02 PM
Hi all, new to the forum. I'm currently trying to open up a mobile mechanic operation in south florida, and am unsure of what licenses ect are required for this type of work. I'm currently a professional mechanic, ASE master certified, licensed to handle refrigerant, and have all the tools and equipment I need. I'm sure the EPA has plenty of regulations for this line of work... anyhow, Id appreciate any input from shop owners or anyone in the field that knows where i should start with this.

thanks.

vangogh
04-14-2014, 04:26 PM
I don't live in Florida or own a similar kind of shop, but in my experience the website for the Secretary of State usually has some good information about business licensing or can at least point the way toward it. I also did a couple of searches and it looks like auto repair falls under the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. I found an article on their site about motor vehicle repair (http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services/Consumer-Resources/Consumer-Protection/Motor-Vehicle-Repair). It's written a little more for consumers than shop owners, but there is some information for shop owners. I linked to it mainly to link to the site, since they're the ones likely deciding what licensing is needed.

huggytree
04-14-2014, 10:54 PM
my accountant helped me with everything i need...i recommend finding one who's willing to help you start your business up....most wont, find one that will

cientiros
02-22-2015, 04:36 AM
Rob,
You ever get that mob mech biz up and running? I'd like to know how you fared. My father is starting his back up currently.

~Marcos