PDA

View Full Version : 6 quick questions for small business owners? Please help!

mimi8771
04-17-2014, 02:00 PM
I need to interview a small retail business owner or manager for my retail class.
If any retail business owners/managers could answer these few questions for me I'd be really grateful, thank you!
(If there's anything you don't want to answer publicly I'd be okay with just emailing instead at choco.puppy@yahoo.com)

Business Name:
Address:
Person interviewed:
Phone number:
Type of business:

1.) Who are your primary competitors?

2.) What are the greatest challenges your business faces in the current economy?

3.) How do you choose what products to offer and what price to charge?

4.) What plans do you have in place to retain existing customers and attract new customers?

5.) What is the best part of working in retail?

6.) What advice do you give students interested in becoming a retail business owner?

vangogh
04-17-2014, 11:52 PM
I'm not a retail business owner, but I wanted to reply to help keep your thread active. We should have a few people here with retail businesses. Could somebody who works in ecommerce answer? I would think your questions would still apply. I run a service based business, but if you replace the word retail with service based I could answer. I assume that won't work for your assignment, but I figured I'd check.

Anyway, hopefully I've helped bring someone's attention to your thread.

mimi8771
04-18-2014, 02:05 AM
I'm not a retail business owner, but I wanted to reply to help keep your thread active. We should have a few people here with retail businesses. Could somebody who works in ecommerce answer? I would think your questions would still apply. I run a service based business, but if you replace the word retail with service based I could answer. I assume that won't work for your assignment, but I figured I'd check.

Anyway, hopefully I've helped bring someone's attention to your thread.

Thank you for responding! If they worked in ecommerce that would still work. Unfortunately, I don't think a service based business owner would work for this :/

tallen
04-18-2014, 06:39 AM
One of the businesses I am involved in produces and markets a hand-crafted, artisanal product line, selling direct to customers ("retailing") primarily through arts and craft shows, open studio events, as well as online through our own website. Would our answers to your questions be at all useful?

mimi8771
04-18-2014, 01:05 PM
One of the businesses I am involved in produces and markets a hand-crafted, artisanal product line, selling direct to customers ("retailing") primarily through arts and craft shows, open studio events, as well as online through our own website. Would our answers to your questions be at all useful?

Yes I think that might work :) Your answers should be useful for my assignment.

billbenson
04-18-2014, 01:42 PM
I'm in ecommerce, but it is strictly B2B not retail. would that work?

mimi8771
04-18-2014, 02:35 PM
I'm supposed to interview a retailer who sells to consumers, so I don't think that would work either :c