PDA

View Full Version : How To Bypass State Filing Fees?

Owen
04-18-2014, 01:10 PM
I am starting a business for my website. Recently my website grew in popularity and so did the cash. I think it's time to turn it into a company. Is there a way to bypass state filing fees to make the cost of registering close to nothing? I live in Maine, so I hope that helps.

vangogh
04-18-2014, 03:24 PM
Why not use some of that newfound popularity and cash to pay the filing fees?

Or was this just another post like all the ones from yesterday so you could drop more signature links on the forum. By the way you no longer have signature link privileges.

Brian Altenhofel
04-18-2014, 06:37 PM
"Bypassing" government fees generally results in bigger legal fees (and sometimes three hot meals a day).

Fulcrum
04-18-2014, 08:45 PM
I have a rule in my shop:

If you're going to be doing something you might as well, do it right, do it right the first time, and do it right every time.

This applies to work being performed as well as any paperwork and/or government filings.

To echo what the previous posters have said, trying to bypass government fees will only get you into heaps of trouble. For some reason the government frowns upon this. If you are trying to save money, higher a competent accountant (need to spend money to make money sometimes) and have said accountant point out areas to reduce costs.

Owen
04-20-2014, 01:48 PM
Thank you, appreciate it... -.-

I don't make that much, I make like $30 a month but this number increases every month so I figured I might as well do it. However, at the moment I can't afford to pay the $500 to register it.

Harold Mansfield
04-22-2014, 12:46 PM
So then run your business as a sole proprietor and report the additional income, and when you have the money register it the way you want.

Dan Furman
04-24-2014, 02:46 PM
Thank you, appreciate it... -.-

I don't make that much, I make like $30 a month but this number increases every month so I figured I might as well do it. However, at the moment I can't afford to pay the $500 to register it.

Maine charges $500 to register a DBA?

BradMajors
05-03-2014, 06:25 PM
Maine does not issue business licenses, and it does not charge anything close to $500 to register an LLC.