PDA

View Full Version : Business Name

gre906
05-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Hi all,

After a few years of working as an independent contractor, I have decided to start my own business. I plan on hosting celebrity gifting suites, coordinating events, and offering brokerage services all in the fashion industry. I will also be coordinating donations with an established non-profit in the industry (cannot say too much) but that is geared towards preserving the foundations of the runway/press events worldwide. I am very passionate about this non-profit and would be cool to have my business name reflect this. I may even be involved with writing a book to tell a story. This being said, I do not want my business name to only appeal to my clients, though should be brand friendly. Here is the other thing (which I have to talk to my attorney about) is I will be doing some business overseas in Europe during the Fashion Weeks. This means I need to be sensitive when choosing a name.

NOTE: Undecided if I want "PR" at the end or "Relations"

Here are a few names:
- Custos PR
- Vortice PR
- Eye PR
- Rose PR

Any recommendations / critiques / thoughts are welcomed!! Thank you.

Freelancier
05-10-2014, 09:19 AM
I plan on hosting celebrity gifting suites, coordinating events, and offering brokerage services all in the fashion industry.

That doesn't say "PR" to me, so maybe the PR isn't necessarily a good addition.

I'm not even sure what you mean by "brokerage services".

huggytree
05-11-2014, 08:26 AM
i have no idea what the word Custos or Vortice means? your customers shouldnt need a dictionary to know who you are? (or am i illiterate)

what do EYE or ROSE have to do with what your selling?

in the end any name will work unless its completely stupid....a name çan help you(its very rare i think it actually does)...most names are neutral.......a bad name can hurt you though......all those names to me are neutral...you can name yourself anything you want

using a last name typically means quality/you stand behind your name

using a random word doesnt mean anything and is just a name

i dont see an issue with using PR if your doing public relations......look up the definition of PR and make sure you fit into that definition

Rick48CM
05-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Hello gre906!

Personally I’m drawn to “Vortice.” It sounds a bit like “vortex”, might not be the best association, but VORTICE sounds like strength to me. I prefer Vortice or Custos over Eye or Rose, if you go with Relations though “Rose Relations” could be cool. Please don’t use reflecting R’s in your logo, in my professional opinion that looks bad.

I would say using a random word gives you the opportunity to define it yourself. It’s not something anyone’s heard before, or at least heard regularly, so you can tell them through marketing and the design what to associate with the word. That could work in your favor.

Whichever you choose good luck!