PDA

View Full Version : employee cost calculator

todd66
06-18-2014, 01:04 AM
Ok so I know my costs/hr and so far I have been the sole operator but I have more work then time. Good position correct? My hourly rate is my hrly cost+my wage+20% profit. So far its been relatively easy only working on my own. I have never had employees at my own business but I have hired and fired working for others. I want to transition to one full time seasonal work crew (2 guys 1 crew boss and 1 assistant) and I will work the sales end and pitch in on a couple days of the week on the crew if needed. A good crew boss with plenty of experience is going to cost me upwords od $20/hr and an assistant that would stick around would run me around $15/ hr. This is kind of where I start to lose it...this is how I think it should look. Let me know how far off I am. My costs+emp1+emp2+my wage+20% profit.????

Now I know there are more costs to an employee then the hrly wage and I will get with my accountant and insurance company but thought I would see what information and advice I can get here before I go in there and look like a blooming idiot. I found a calculator on line at this addy. I will put the addy as a response to this post. Not posting right. Thanks for any help.

Freelancier
06-18-2014, 08:45 AM
An employee costs their paycheck + benefits + taxes + overhead (e.g., desks, any extra equipment you have to buy, that kind of thing).

What you should be making on them is more than that, of course. My general rule is that I want to increase revenue anywhere from 2x to 3x the employee's salary in order to cover the employee's costs and to make sure I'm getting sufficient profit margin.

todd66
06-19-2014, 03:55 PM
I guess its not going to let the calculator post. Said it had to get admin permission? ??