PDA

View Full Version : All in one Printers

joefut2
06-26-2014, 09:25 PM
Any recommendations on all in one printers with a low ink per page cost? Ive been reading up on several to include the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer. Ideas or suggestions?

Harold Mansfield
06-27-2014, 01:30 AM
What are you printing? Just Documents? Or do you need color for marketing materials and images?

Freelancier
06-27-2014, 06:57 AM
I have the 8600, good for everything except for routing faxes to e-mail... there's a firmware issue in that it rotates incoming fax images before saving them to a file, so that the long direction on the image is the short direction on the stored page. Fax to paper works fine (and then I end up re-scanning it). Scan to computer works well. It's a good general-purpose all-in-one. If you want higher quality scans or prints, then you need to break out the pieces and get the best of each category instead of trying to get them all in one device.

billbenson
06-27-2014, 09:00 AM
I have an hp color laser printer. The model was discontinued after only a year or so, so it probably had some issues. The costs for the cartridges is really high. I bet the cost per page is high as well. If you don't need color don't buy it. I've also had driver issues with it.

I guess the point is do your research. I think HP makes good printers, I just happened to get a lemon. I would definitely go the laser route though. Ink jet runs and is expensive if you print a lot. Although I really don't print much. Pretty much bought the color printer because my wife likes to make custom birthday, whatever occasion cards and she is good at it.

MyITGuy
06-27-2014, 09:13 AM
Any recommendations on all in one printers with a low ink per page cost? Ive been reading up on several to include the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer. Ideas or suggestions?

I have two HP OfficeJet 8500's (The predecessor to the printer your looking at) and love them. Can't speak to the ink per page cost...but I think its pretty reasonable considering my volume as I just bought new cartridges over 2 years later (If I recall correctly, the printers came with two cartridges each to get you started)

Wozcreative
06-27-2014, 11:27 AM
I just baught an HP Envy, i like it because it's a small box, has mobile printing, wifi printing and duplex. It's only $80, but the cartridges are pretty expensive.

joefut2
06-27-2014, 09:46 PM
In regards to the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Its ink cost for black pages is just 1.6 cents per page. IVe been trying to find estimates of the average cost, but a lot of the websites dont work where Im at. Most of our printing will be just documents

Brian Altenhofel
06-28-2014, 11:53 AM
Are you printing all black-and-white or some color? With all settings configured for black-and-white only? The color CPP on that printer is 7.2 cents.

How often will you be printing? That's the primary reason I went to a laser - even OEM ink cartridges would be dry and unusable well before the ink was used because I didn't print that often.

Freelancier
06-28-2014, 02:46 PM
there's a firmware issue in that it rotates incoming fax images before saving them to a file, so that the long direction on the image is the short direction on the stored page.

Amending the answer: this issue is gone if you update the firmware. Also, note that it has trouble with the web admin pages and IE, but that's got an easy workaround... don't use IE! :)

NorCal
07-06-2014, 01:54 PM
I had an HP 8600 but I was having issues with its ink consumption, and the ink was pretty pricey, so I ended up going with a Canon MX920 which was like $79.00 from Costco and I'm having much better results. (Personal Experiences Could Vary)

WilliamChapman
04-10-2015, 08:36 AM
I am having Samsung M2880FW Xpress Mono Laser Multifunction Printer. It is four in one- printer, copier, scanner, and fax. It has high speed USB 2.0, and provides resolution upto 4800 x 600 dpi.