PDA

View Full Version : Therapy Online, need advice

viavida
07-03-2014, 01:20 AM
Hello!
I'm a practitioner therapist. I've been doing a good therapy practise, based just on recommendations and references from my clients, so never worried about advert. Currently I've moved to Thailand and decided to continue doing my practise online via skype, it's pretty convenient, as I can help a person to cope with the problem at once, doesn't matter where he is at the moment. I work with stresses, complex, problems with relationship, etc. Usually it doesn't takes more than 3 session to deal with some stress situation, all my clients are telling that it really helps.
But I faced with the problem how to find clients online. Now I start offering a first session for free, as I understand the first meeting can build trust. I would appreciate any advices!

vangogh
07-09-2014, 10:07 PM
That's a good question. Most people get a recommendation to see a therapist. Sometimes from a friend or acquaintance. Sometimes from a doctor. The more you can let others know what you're doing the more they can recommend you to people you know. Hopefully the people you've already helped are spreading the word.

You should be able to do the same things any online business does to gain clients. You can advertise or work to increase your traffic from search engines for example. You can be active in online communities and sites like Facebook and Twitter. I think the main thing will be identifying who your potential clients are. Therapy has mainly been an offline thing and I'm sure that's how most people think about it. I do know therapists offer phone sessions though so it shouldn't be a hard sell to everyone. Try to figure out who in particular would need or want your services and figure out where you can reach them. Then let them know what you're offering and find a way to show some proof you can do what you claim.

Hope that helps.