PDA

View Full Version : Starting importing car air filters from China to Australia...

GoBigOne
07-31-2014, 03:47 AM
Hi E1,

I am looking at importing shipping containers full of car air and oil filters from china to sell online and to various mechanic workshops here in Australia.
Can someone please tell me what steps I need to take to avoid breaking any copyright laws etc and are there any restrictions relating to the type of materials my air filters have in them.
Is there a link to a govt website with importing industry information that I can use to research these legislation requirements.

These air filters are fairly fibrous and I am worried they might breach quarantine or shipping regulations.

Thanks in advance...
BigOne

vangogh
07-31-2014, 03:01 PM
I'm not sure where copyright would enter into this. If you want to import air and all filters to sell online, I would think you need to work something out the details with one or more companies. You'd likely pay in advance to import the filters and then sell them through your site. As far as any regulations are concerned I would think you'd need to find the government agency that sets the regulations and then follow those regulations.

I'm not sure which agency or agencies you'd need to contact, but I wouldn't think it would be too had to search and find.

One thing to keep in mind. A few people have been here with ideas to import from China and sell online and I think most of the time the cost of transporting the products and storing them is often much more than initially thought.

GoBigOne
07-31-2014, 09:38 PM
I'm not sure where copyright would enter into this. If you want to import air and all filters to sell online, I would think you need to work something out the details with one or more companies. You'd likely pay in advance to import the filters and then sell them through your site. As far as any regulations are concerned I would think you'd need to find the government agency that sets the regulations and then follow those regulations.

I'm not sure which agency or agencies you'd need to contact, but I wouldn't think it would be too had to search and find.

One thing to keep in mind. A few people have been here with ideas to import from China and sell online and I think most of the time the cost of transporting the products and storing them is often much more than initially thought.

Thank you very much Van.
Definitely a few things there I can look further into.

Paul
08-01-2014, 12:03 AM
You may find that the freight importer you use will know much of what you need to know.