PDA

View Full Version : Buying Products Abroad to Sell in US

noor
08-20-2014, 08:39 PM
I want to sell products from abroad. How to do I find places that I can import from? I want to start an ecommerce site to sell them.

billbenson
08-20-2014, 10:36 PM
They find me. I'm contacted weekly from China and elsewhere. Without an established website, and not knowing the countries I would think you would need a consultant to help you find a product. Depending on the product, you are going to need to test samples for quality control.

One product that interested me were freeway guardrail systems from China. I never looked into it, but I liked the concept. Of course you would have to do all kinds of testing to make sure it meets DOT and other standards. Maybe they would have paid for the testing? Nice part about the product is it's expensive, people are always driving into them, they rust, etc. I like those kind of products.

noor
08-20-2014, 11:46 PM
Thank you!

I wanted to focus on artsy things... jewelry, accessories, etc. (not clothes).

Where could I find a consultant?

Harold Mansfield
08-21-2014, 10:24 AM
There are websites and forums that deal specifically with dropshippers, and suppliers from China and other countries. You'd probably have more luck on Google and doing some research about importing wholesale products, than asking your very first question here. Not that we aren't here to help, but it sounds like you haven't done ANY research and have no idea how to do anything relating to retail, ecommerce and the business that you claim to want to start.

You post reads like, "I want to start building cars, where can I find tires?".

noor
08-21-2014, 05:16 PM
There are websites and forums that deal specifically with dropshippers, and suppliers from China and other countries. You'd probably have more luck on Google and doing some research about importing wholesale products, than asking your very first question here. Not that we aren't here to help, but it sounds like you haven't done ANY research and have no idea how to do anything relating to retail, ecommerce and the business that you claim to want to start.

You post reads like, "I want to start building cars, where can I find tires?".

Okay calm down, thank you. I did do some research FYI. Maybe used the wrong key words. I thought someone may point me in the right direction.

Harold Mansfield
08-21-2014, 08:06 PM
Can you narrow it down a little? What do you mean by "abroad"? Anywhere? Just not U.S. companies?
Where are you?

Sure I can point you in a direction.

https://www.doba.com/

Sorry I don't know any Jewelry specific drop shippers.
And I will try and calm down. Thanks for the advice.

Aaron80
08-27-2014, 01:38 AM
You can wholesale products from China. It's very cheap and quality. As far as I know, most sellers import their products saled on ebay or amazon from China. If your quantity is large enough, you also can customize them from Chinese manufacturers as your design.In other words, you can creat your own brand. Good luck!

Enya Ko
08-28-2014, 03:34 AM
hey,noor.#7 is right.you can import the products from China.i have many customers purchasing good items from China.also you can do it!Good luck!

asianfactory
09-02-2014, 02:26 AM
India is a good choice for the electric products(I means computer parts), but CHina is a good choice for most goods, mid-quality and very competitive price:o

Dimolimo
09-02-2014, 03:53 AM
You can try and use big vendors websites and re-sell. This type of business it's pretty popular in US. Amazon, Ebay are big vendors and you could start from there.