PDA

View Full Version : how to properly open my first small business???

agustins3
08-26-2014, 09:44 PM
Hello, my name is Agustin and I'm currently trying to open up my own business in nampa, id. And I'm in need of lots and lots of help!! I'm currently working in sales but I don't want to work for anyone anymore I want to work for myself and eventually have some actual time and money to do the things I love! I'm trying to start up a drywall and sheet rock business but I'm in need of some huge advice on what I need in order to do it because Iv been getting mixed answers which is fine I need as much info as I can get to do it right the first time!

vangogh
08-27-2014, 02:46 AM
Welcome to the forum Agustin. I'm not entirely sure what information you're looking for. Are you asking about what you need to do to officially be in business? Thats what I'm thinking, but I'm not 100% sure. If so, it depends on what kind of business entity you want for your business. The easiest thing to set up is a sole proprietor. Technically you don't need to do anything to be a sole proprietor, but you'll at least want to register your business name, which you can usually do through the Secretary of State website for your state.

Other business entities will be a little more involved and again what you have to do depends on which entity you want to become.

I don't know that I've answered your question, but am at least trying to answer the right question? Hopefully, I am. If not I'll try again.

tallen
08-27-2014, 03:04 PM
Start here: Business Resources for the State of Idaho > Home (http://business.idaho.gov/) -- this will be the definitive source of information on what governmental requirements you need to pay attention to, at least at the state level