PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Accounting Services

TAAccounting
09-04-2014, 12:22 AM
Hello All,

So I've been trying to brainstorm up new ways to market Accounting, Bookkeeping, and Consulting services.

Right now, I doing...

1. Business Forum Contribution
2. Community Service
3. Cold Calling
4. Online Ad Posting
5. Networking
6. Referral Reward Program

Does anybody else have any other suggestions?

David Hunter
09-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Howdy!

You could always send direct mail to small/medium sized businesses. You could also setup a direct-response mail campaign using 3D Mail (I'm bias when it comes to 3D mail because I use it and know it works).

I used to cold call to small/medium sized businesses for a CPA firm when I got out of high school. Those businesses are where the money is at, not the consumer.

Harold Mansfield
09-04-2014, 06:50 PM
I agree with that. Try specializing in specific businesses. For instance where I live there are 1000's bars and restaurants, many independently owned. It would be a good niche to target. I'm sure in your area you can find a focus.

It's really difficult for a small business to try to be everything to everyone and try to throw a blanket over everything. Niche marketing gives you a focus that you can fine tune and then expand upon later.

Out of all of the things you've listed, I don't like any of them for your type of business, and 4 of 6 of them are a waste of time. I would definitely insure that your website is in order and optimized for local search, after that I'd probably try mail like Dan is suggesting.

Dial in the website first, then bring people to it. Not the other way around.

Community involvement is also good to get your name out there. Sponsoring local events like jazz in the park, dog walks or charity runs. Find the ones that cater to where your demographic may hang out.

Many times you can get a sponsorship in those for pretty cheap compared to other types of advertising.