PDA

View Full Version : Starting Errand Services Business----ANY TIPS?????

nekaatl
09-05-2014, 09:49 AM
Hey guys,

I am thinking about starting an errand service business. Anyone have an tips who have done this or planning to do it or know someone who does this lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Will start my business plan this weekend! :D

Harold Mansfield
09-05-2014, 09:58 AM
I actually work with a Concierge business now helping them with web stuff, and have worked for Concierge companies in the past as a limo driver.
So first and foremost, you are opening a Personal Concierge Business. If you want to market errand running as one of the services, fine.

I'd pattern my business plan after a Concierge Model and fine tune it to your particular brand of it.

nekaatl
09-05-2014, 11:02 AM
Thanks so much! Will check that out

Kreater
09-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Hey guys,

I am thinking about starting an errand service business. Anyone have an tips who have done this or planning to do it or know someone who does this lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Will start my business plan this weekend! :D
I would recommend experience as a secretary or personal assistant of a CEO, before starting this type of business. Most errand services are internal to companies (such as the secretary/assistant position). So why would a company outsource these jobs to you, unless you can do them better and/or cheaper?

If you start your business, then I'd recommend to advertise and market to successful businesses first who can afford your services. Your competition will most definitely be these internal secretary and assistant positions. I have doubts that small business will offer to pay much for an errand runner. In my personal opinion, this is just about the last thing I'd ever consider spending money on for myself. Because when I do my business and personal errands, I'm away from my business, which technically counts as a break to me. Why would I pay somebody to do what I consider a break for myself? I'd rather pay an employee first.

Good luck!

Kreater
09-07-2014, 12:37 PM
Hotels and large businesses which require lots of errands (like laundry service) would be your best bet for advertising. Those or the types of business that need lots of errands done.

Harold Mansfield
09-07-2014, 12:49 PM
I would recommend experience as a secretary or personal assistant of a CEO, before starting this type of business. Most errand services are internal to companies (such as the secretary/assistant position). So why would a company outsource these jobs to you, unless you can do them better and/or cheaper?

If you start your business, then I'd recommend to advertise and market to successful businesses first who can afford your services. Your competition will most definitely be these internal secretary and assistant positions. I have doubts that small business will offer to pay much for an errand runner. In my personal opinion, this is just about the last thing I'd ever consider spending money on for myself. Because when I do my business and personal errands, I'm away from my business, which technically counts as a break to me. Why would I pay somebody to do what I consider a break for myself? I'd rather pay an employee first.

Good luck!
That is just one kind of personal Concierge (or errand running) Service. There are many ways to do this kind of business.
There's a few here that do nothing but go to the DMV for you.
I know a woman that does nothing but buy gifts for companies that send to clients and contractors.

I can appreciate your personal view of this kind of service, but the reality is that there are plenty of people who are very busy day to day and pay others to do tasks for them like book flights, airport runs, pick up and send packages, run documents, pick up kids from school, pick up their cars and take them to be serviced, house sit, pet sit, and on and on.