PDA

View Full Version : Offer free website ?

stevefigueras
09-16-2014, 01:08 PM
Hello guys we search about how get more customers in USA and India.
We thinks about offer free website for life to have local customer, and hope that this customer can talk about our service around them.
What do you think about this sort of marketing ?

What do you advice ?
Sponsoring sport team or local business ?

Thank for your advices :)

Helper101
09-16-2014, 02:04 PM
I think the marketing is a good idea.

I would advice Google ads(They are hooked in Adchoice), Adbit, adcash, adfocus are good promo service. An SEO optimization service would be good with Google Analytics. Make your website customization with a programming dashboard for DIYers, and widget based for a non-programmer user friendly feature. ( Modern and Minimal demos).

Sponsoring local, up and coming businesses is the way to go.

Good Luck!

*Also consider in-purchase extras to finance your business.

Harold Mansfield
09-16-2014, 03:26 PM
Most times giving away services doesn't attract enough word of mouth advertising to warrant the expense and time to do it. It also attracts people looking for freebies, not effective brand ambassadors for your business.

I agree with the premise of building a portfolio, and if you feel you need to do a bunch of free websites to get there, then fine.
If giving it away for free hoping it will pay off is the only marketing plan you have, I suggest you go back to the drawing board and come up with something else that has measurable benefits and results for you.

At the very least, if you are going to do this, don't just arbitrarily give it to the first people who sign up. Pick a high profile company or website that needs it with the trade off of putting your company link in the footer.

Just my opinion and I could be completely wrong since I don't know anything about the Indian market or business culture.

stevefigueras
09-16-2014, 03:34 PM
Most times giving away services doesn't attract enough word of mouth advertising to warrant the expense and time to do it. It also attracts people looking for freebies, not effective brand ambassadors for your business.

I agree with the premise of building a portfolio, and if you feel you need to do a bunch of free websites to get there, then fine.
If giving it away for free hoping it will pay off is the only marketing plan you have, I suggest you go back to the drawing board and come up with something else that has measurable benefits and results for you.

At the very least, if you are going to do this, don't just arbitrarily give it to the first people who sign up. Pick a high profile company or website that needs it with the trade off of putting your company link in the footer.

Just my opinion and I could be completely wrong since I don't know anything about the Indian market or business culture.

Very good advice but if my choice is to offer sponsoring how can i find and choose difference between "people looking for freebies" and ambassadors for my business ?
What criteria i have to choose ?

Thanks you for your advice :)
We're not beginner we have a lot a customer but we want to accelerate our progression.

Harold Mansfield
09-16-2014, 03:53 PM
Very good advice but if my choice is to offer sponsoring how can i find and choose difference between "people looking for freebies" and ambassadors for my business ?
What criteria i have to choose ?

Thanks you for your advice :)
We're not beginner we have a lot a customer but we want to accelerate our progression.
Choose people who have the kind of influence that you need.

stevefigueras
09-16-2014, 10:27 PM
Choose people who have the kind of influence that you need.
This is exactly what i search
1 How select people ?
2 How find them ?

Harold Mansfield
09-16-2014, 10:46 PM
This is exactly what i search
1 How select people ?
2 How find them ?
You aren't going to find the right people do give free services too with a Google search. This requires legwork. You need to hand pick them so that you find the right candidate that meets your criteria.

stevefigueras
09-18-2014, 09:40 PM
If i begi to associate some restaurants for example. How can i find some contact ?

Harold Mansfield
09-19-2014, 12:13 AM
If i begi to associate some restaurants for example. How can i find some contact ?
You're going to have to do a little investigation to find out who the contact person is for each company that you want to approach.
There is no formula or list that anyone can give you.

stevefigueras
09-19-2014, 01:37 PM
Ok i understand thanks you

will.i.earn
09-21-2014, 12:01 AM
You want to pick someone who already has built up a following. Check his or her social media profiles if it is active. From there you'd be able to gauge if that prospect is worth giving a freebie.
You want to base upon the number of times his social media shares are liked, retweeted, shared, etc...
Ideally, you want to pick someone who you're already connected with. Or ask around from your existing friends, friends of friends.

stevefigueras
10-03-2014, 02:16 PM
Ok thanks you for advice :)