PDA

View Full Version : How to sell tutoring?

Annie
09-30-2014, 06:24 AM
Hello!

I am going to start tutoring business and I am wondering how to sell this?

How can I gain the new students, new markets form my job?

If someone run something of it please give me some advices :)

Thank you in advance :)

Annie

Freelancier
09-30-2014, 07:16 AM
What age group are you planning to tutor and what subjects?

Annie
09-30-2014, 12:57 PM
Students age 20-25 form University of Technology, , subject: thermodynamics

Freelancier
09-30-2014, 01:02 PM
Ah, then it's simple: you go to the classrooms where that subject is taught, look for bulletin boards nearby, and start putting up signs with tear-off phone numbers so that people can quickly reach you and keep a copy of your number without taking the whole sign with them. Then make sure you answer your phone, because the calls will start coming in soon enough.

Harold Mansfield
09-30-2014, 02:35 PM
Ah, then it's simple: you go to the classrooms where that subject is taught, look for bulletin boards nearby, and start putting up signs with tear-off phone numbers so that people can quickly reach you and keep a copy of your number without taking the whole sign with them. Then make sure you answer your phone, because the calls will start coming in soon enough.

That's how I'd do it. No sense in over thinking this one. Just go to the source and place your fliers up. After that it's all about you, your presentation and professionalism.

Annie
10-01-2014, 11:37 AM
thank you-- I did't think about visit clasrooms :) it is good idea so I must prepare some leaflets or posters to can put on boards.

Freelancier
10-01-2014, 12:22 PM
The other thing to do is to visit with the instructors and assistants for the course and make them aware that you're available for tutoring and ask if you can place flyers in the back of the class.

(EDIT: Yes, I did do this business before :) )

knapiuk
10-27-2014, 02:40 PM
I think you should try to get at last one student. Then, if you are good, he will tell his friends about you and just using "networking" you can get maaany other students - they will all recommend you among themselfs

nealrm
10-27-2014, 04:25 PM
You may also want to check with the University, sometime they have a list of tutors. They University may also have a paid tutor position.

Kyle Johnston
03-18-2015, 11:53 AM
I would suggest advertising yourself on tutor.com and care.com that way you can establish yourself under an already reputable company. Then, after you acquire a large enough client base you can create your own website and work directly under your business name. Going this route will allow you develop testimonials which will be vital for people choosing you over others. Hope this helps!