PDA

View Full Version : Travel Agent

aravind
10-03-2014, 06:26 PM
I am intersted to become Travel agent and not sure for where to start .

If anyone could direction that would be great help.

Thanks in Advance

Freelancier
10-03-2014, 06:34 PM
If you're looking to help consumers do travel: forget it, that's right up there with working the pump at a gas station.

If you're looking to be an outsourced corporate travel agent, then you have to get your ducks in a row and make it easy for those customers to have their requests serviced with a personal touch, because there are a bunch of larger companies already doing this business with that good old impersonal touch.

Harold Mansfield
10-03-2014, 06:40 PM
I'd suggest looking into being a full service concierge, which would include travel. Targeting corporate clients is also a good idea.
Travel agents are a dying breed unless they specialize, and that's still a tough niche these days.

People are far too comfortable booking trips, cruises, and vacations online now. It's a small, upscale older clientele that still uses travel agents for personal travel. I have a client who's been in Concierge for years and trains other concierges and we speak about this all of the time.

aravind
10-03-2014, 08:57 PM
I agree its not profitable and i am more intetsted in tourism business , If somone give directions how to become agent that woudl be great

Thanks for your help

Harold Mansfield
10-03-2014, 10:21 PM
I agree its not profitable and i am more intetsted in tourism business , If somone give directions how to become agent that woudl be great

Thanks for your help

That's a pretty broad question. I assume you need some kind of training, so start there. Take a class. Google training. I'm sure you aren't asking us to do that for you. Seems like it should be easy enough to find.

aravind
10-03-2014, 11:58 PM
Thanks will continue more research on the net

Harold Mansfield
10-04-2014, 12:08 AM
I know a Concierge Training company. They have books, online courses and a ton of resources on their website for aspiring concierge's that both work for companies and as start up businesses. Maybe check them out: Concierge Training | Concierge Consultants | Triangle Concierge, The Concierge Consultants (http://www.triangleconcierge.com/)

Barb Higgins
11-10-2014, 06:24 PM
I completely agree with Freelancier and Harold Mansfield. Online travel sites are pushing everyday run of the mill 'travel agents' out of the business. You must target business and be a corporate resource.