PDA

View Full Version : Medical supply business.

ktc1369
10-08-2014, 05:47 PM
Hello.

I have done a good amount of research and have concluded that a medical supply business is a pretty sound venture.

I am now in the beginning stages of trying to put together a solid, detailed plan and I am in need of the specifics. basically, the stuff that you need and that you need to do in order to operate a successful medical supply business. how to find wholesale suppliers and get accounts with them, finding clients, what types of employees will I need (if any), good ideas for marketing and advertising this type of business, logistics, etc.

obviously, I've done my own research and come up with answers to these questions, however, I figured I'd come here and see if there was anything I was missing or anything that I'm lacking on and also here I know the info. I get is reliable, which I can't say about everywhere on the internet.

Thank you in advance for any and all help.

Fulcrum
10-08-2014, 05:59 PM
We can't help you with the specifics for your proposed business. The best we can do is give general advise which, from reading your post, you've got covered.

Aside from that, Google and a phone (or a good pair of walking shoes) will be your best friends for learning the specifics.

ktc1369
10-08-2014, 06:18 PM
thank you.

I pretty much figured the specifics would be a bit too narrow of a focus.

I just want to find some info on how to make sure the wholesale suppliers I find are good quality, and info on what types of clients I should be focusing on. stuff like that.
your right too, I have found answers to these questions, I just want to attempt to ensure myself that I properly understand what I've uncovered in my research.

I guess I could use google for reviews and stuff like that, right?
what do you think?

and thank you again

I appreciate the help greatly

Fulcrum
10-09-2014, 05:08 PM
I think you're falling into the trap of "paralysis by analysis". Asking questions is a good thing and never stop asking, just don't stop when you can't find the perfect answer. In business you never have all the information for every situation. More often than not you will be making educated guesses.

Now would be the time to focus on who your customers are going to be, how to market to them, what products they will be looking at buying, etc. While doing this, you should also be looking at products (buying some samples and physically working with them if possible) and determining what makes for a quality product.

I'm in a completely different field than you, so I can't really give much more advice than this.