PDA

View Full Version : USPS Offers $50 & $100 Postage Credit with EDDM!!!!

David Hunter
10-09-2014, 07:40 PM
You heard it here first, folks!

USPS is offering a $50 & $100 postage credit for first time EDDM (Every Door Direct Mail) users!

Here's the direct link: https://www.usps.com/business/every-door-direct-mail.htm

I've been using EDDM for a few years now and I highly recommend it. I just can't believe the USPS isn't offering anything to their heavy hitters (example: me) any kind of credit. Maybe I should just create a new account...

Anyhow, if you've always wanted to try EDDM but never have, now is your chance!! And, if you'd like, post your draft postcard here before mailing so we can critique it for you. :-)

vangogh
10-10-2014, 02:34 PM
Nice. Thanks for letting us know. Do you mind if I ask what kind of return you get? Just curious, because it seems like this is delivering to people based on location only. Is that right? Thanks.

David Hunter
10-10-2014, 08:22 PM
You're welcome! Who wouldn't want to save $50-$100 when they can!!

My returns are high because real estate is a high transaction business. I've gotten over 5,000% ROI.

Correct! You pick a neighborhood (well... you're really picking postal routes) you want the postcards to go to and they'll go to every address in that neighborhood. They can't just be any kind of postcard, they are over-sized postcards (I mail 8.5" x 11" postcards). You can mail up to 12" x 15" postcards (that's f'ing huge!!). If you're like me, and print your own postcards, you'll then have to bundle them up yourself and take them to the post office that matches the zip code of the neighborhood you're mailing too. So, if you wanted to mail to a neighborhood 30 minutes away, you'll be driving 30 minutes to that neighborhood's post office.

EDDM is great for real estate agents, HVAC contractors, plumbers, electricians, roofers, auto service, insurance agents, local restaurants, etc.

It's not great for businesses who have highly targeted prospects. So, if you're selling web design, EDDM wouldn't be the way to go.