PDA

View Full Version : DASHED (Need an assignment help!)

noman
11-02-2014, 05:01 PM
Hi,

I am a freshman at college, and taking Introduction to Business course this semester. We are five people in the group, and, recently, we got an assignment to provide a report on this, DASHED - the leading restaurant delivery company, company. We have got different areas to cover, and my job is to provide a one-page report on "What are the weaknesses of this company, and what can kill that company?"
If anyone of you could enlist some good points regarding my assignment, it would really appreciate it.
Thank you!

Fulcrum
11-03-2014, 05:14 PM
On the surface, with the information given, I don't think we can point out any weaknesses.

Now I have to ask you a question. Why does it appear that you are asking us to do your work/assignment for you?

noman
11-03-2014, 05:37 PM
On the surface, with the information given, I don't think we can point out any weaknesses.

Now I have to ask you a question. Why does it appear that you are asking us to do your work/assignment for you?

At the moment, I am trying to gather few hints and points. I am sorry, but I didn't ask anyone to do my homework. I am just looking for some help to make it look more pro.

Harold Mansfield
11-03-2014, 06:13 PM
I'm all for helping students, but in this case I don't think having us give you our opinions is helping you. This assignment seems to be about what YOUR opinion is.

Not to mention, it would be pretty time consuming for us to do an analysis of a company for you to even be able to offer you anything of substance. We can't just look at the company website, we'd have to actually investigate the company, it's history, it's competitors, evaluate trends in the industry, and find out what we can about it's relationship with it's clients. Basically doing the assignment.

I'm sure between the 5 of you, you can come up with some thoughts of your own.

noman
11-03-2014, 11:43 PM
I'm all for helping students, but in this case I don't think having us give you our opinions is helping you. This assignment seems to be about what YOUR opinion is.

Not to mention, it would be pretty time consuming for us to do an analysis of a company for you to even be able to offer you anything of substance. We can't just look at the company website, we'd have to actually investigate the company, it's history, it's competitors, evaluate trends in the industry, and find out what we can about it's relationship with it's clients. Basically doing the assignment.

I'm sure between the 5 of you, you can come up with some thoughts of your own.

Okay!

For now, I came up with only three points, but I have write min. four points;

1. On-time delivery: If a company doesn't make a delivery of ordered products on time then it could cause a loss in profit, as there are a lot of other companies who do the same job. Therefore, there are clear chances that a company might lose her customers.

2. Fresh products: Ordered products should be fresh. This matters the most because a restaurant is always for the quality of service and taste. If customers don't find taste in food, they won't come again.

3 Cost of products: In a highly competitive market, cost of the products matters too. Customers prefer to have good quality products and service at low costs, so if you sell products at a high cost, customers might look for some other delivery service. The aim of the customer is to have products in bulk quantity, so that they don't have to pay too much.

4. (Last point): Any suggestions please!

noman
11-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Could someone please give me a hint of what else could be the weaknesses for this company?

Harold Mansfield
11-06-2014, 08:45 PM
Could someone please give me a hint of what else could be the weaknesses for this company?

What don't they offer that their competitors do? It could be product line. Technology/convenience related. Customer Service related. You'll have to look at their competitors and do some research and I'm sure you'll find something that they aren't keeping up with. I'm not doing it for you, but that should at least give you a direction.