PDA

View Full Version : Can I have more than one Personal 401K accounts for the same S Corp?

John Qu
11-04-2014, 12:25 PM
I plan on contributing personal 401K deductions to a Roth 401K and the company match to a tax deferred account. Problem is my preferred brokerage (for a variety of reasons) does not offer the Roth option. Can I open two accounts - one at TDAmeritrade (for the Roth option) and one at Fidelity (my preferred brokerage) for the tax deferred, company match contributions - for the same S corp? Effectively, there will be two administrators..

Thanks!

Freelancier
11-04-2014, 03:45 PM
Yes you can have multiple accounts. You just can't exceed the contribution limits as defined for each account and in total (in other words, you can't put 25% of your salary in each account in one year tax free, because your total contribution would violate the limits).

Of course, this is a free forum and I am not an accountant, so the advice you just got is worth what you paid for it. I always recommend getting a good accountant to answer these kinds of questions for you.