PDA

View Full Version : complete rundown of the jobs in order to run a company.

Davidl
11-22-2014, 03:28 AM
I looked online at a relatively new clothing store job opening and I realized that there are a lot of jobs that are behind the curtains jobs that I wouldn't have known about.

What are the bare minimum that you need in order to run a clothing brand in terms of employees for every aspect of the business?

I understand that its possible to list 100 different job titles within a company. Typically there is a main person in charge of the main marketing department as an example, overseeing the work and there are groups of workers that he directs?Is this correct?

Are there different formats of the typical manager and worker relationship.

broudie
11-22-2014, 07:50 AM
Instead of listing of jobs, why don't you map out the workflow of your business and go from there. Sometimes jobs are merged into a single worker if the business is small enough

tallen
11-22-2014, 08:25 AM
Another consideration would be how much of the work do you outsource, versus how much do you try to do in-house? For two different examples, graphic design and book-keeping....

Davidl
11-22-2014, 10:04 PM
very helpful, thanks.

BizAdvisor
11-23-2014, 11:29 AM
What is the bare minimum needed to run a clothing brand..? The answer is ONE. It would require at least (1) person to successfully operate and maintain a company that manufactures and sells its own brand of clothing.

Harold Mansfield
11-23-2014, 11:48 AM
Start with what you yourself know how to do, are willing to do, and can do. And then be honest about what you cannot do. That's a start.

Davidl
11-29-2014, 11:42 PM
okay this makes sense I was looking at it from a different perspective at the beginning.