PDA

View Full Version : Starting to teach my community

mikerichx3
12-01-2014, 12:18 AM
Hello Members,

Since I own my small business in IT and I am very well with technology I had this idea to start teaching people how to use a computer and other technology subjects. I want to teach MS Office, Basic Start-Up and Shut down procedures, Windows, and Apple. I just want to teach the basics to an audience that either needs it for work or for personal use. My questions is how should I advertise or market myself to do this, should I get certified and how? I have an idea of the structure of the class I will charge people per week or per class also give a trial period and etc. I just need to know how can I get this started.

vangogh
12-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Is there a college near you that teaches continuing education classes? They often offer similar kinds of classes. If so you might want to check to see if they need teachers or are looking for more classes. That could be one way to get started. I don't think you need to be certified. Mostly you need to be able to teach what you want to teach. I realize it wouldn't be the structure you want or the money you could make, but it would give you a chance to talk to the people who would likely sign up for the classes you're thinking to create and start spreading the word and discover if there's any interest.

mikerichx3
12-01-2014, 09:24 AM
Yes I currently live in Buffalo where there are many people who are always looking to learn about computers. If I am certified would that make me more presentable, and will an in home course teaching work or Skype (etc.). I know that I can get the word out, I just want to prepare myself in the things I need.