PDA

View Full Version : What type of business venture did you start and why?

NorCal
12-05-2014, 10:33 PM
I am a student of success, so as such, I am also fascinated by what business segments people choose to tackle and what drove them into that particular market segment.

What was your background?
What was your education?
What drove you into this particular segment?

I recently saw a simplistic video by an established business entrepreneur who explained the only way to excel in business is to, "Be in business" and it made me curious to learn where people here on the forum started, and where did their journey take them in contrast to where they started?

JC
12-06-2014, 01:43 PM
My background is a pretty dysfunctional family with no college grads or business owners. I'm a high school grad and former Marine reservist but only attended a few college courses. I love freedom, which is why I became self employed and went into landscaping because it was a relatively cheap option. I started out trimming shrubs, mulching, digging gardens and worked my way up to most outdoor jobs and also became a licensed builder which sets me up for remodeling work. I'm 43 yrs. old now (started out at 29) still a very small company, just me right now and probably for the rest of the winter, but have never regretted going in business for myself.

ybmindframe
12-06-2014, 07:29 PM
I attended college, realized that it wasn't for me. Work background includes police work and management. I started and run a marketing, consultation company for young entrepreneurs The Young Business Mindframe