PDA

View Full Version : US business directory - low cost/free?

python01
12-17-2014, 11:33 PM
I am Canadian professional who would like to market to US companies manufacturing/designing industrial automation equipment.
Since my offering is fairly unique I was thinking that I could use some old fashioned marketing methods, like fax and direct mail, etc
So I am looking for dependable US business directory that I could use to find the companies to market to.
Unfortunately I don't have the funds to get Scott's at the moment so I would like to find some low cost or free directory.
Any ideas you can offer?

Harold Mansfield
12-18-2014, 12:54 AM
I am Canadian professional who would like to market to US companies manufacturing/designing industrial automation equipment.
Since my offering is fairly unique I was thinking that I could use some old fashioned marketing methods, like fax and direct mail, etc
So I am looking for dependable US business directory that I could use to find the companies to market to.
Unfortunately I don't have the funds to get Scott's at the moment so I would like to find some low cost or free directory.
Any ideas you can offer?

Free Directories suck. Listing your business won't do you much good for business leads, and fax blasts are outdated and are still spam. Whatever you do to get business in Canada, do in the U.S. The same marketing, relationship building and advertising things that work in Canada work in the U.S. But you'll waste a lot of time and money peppering your business all over a bunch of directories that no one reads anymore. Exception being Yellow Pages, and maybe one or two well know, well trafficked industry and referal sites.

Other than that, good old fashioned marketing, SEO, advertising and for you probably trade shows and networking.