PDA

View Full Version : Product Testing Companies

Ceece
12-23-2014, 06:07 AM
Hi All! We have the finished product and now the next step is to get it tested and preservatives added. I found a website that lists licensed product testing companies. What questions should I ask to make sure they are the right company for us to work with? What's the average cost to have a product tested and preservatives added? Should I already have a list of preservatives I would like to use? Do I need to have them sign a non disclosure agreement? Is it a good idea to ask the chosen company to refer me to a manufacturer?

Patrysha
12-26-2014, 12:19 PM
It's kind of hard to say anything without knowing what kind of product it is...it sounds as if it may be a food product (which preservatives? yuck!) that you want turned from recipe into formula, but I'm not clear from your post.

TAAccounting
12-28-2014, 08:09 PM
Ceece,

I'm guessing from your profile, you are wanting to test the skin care product you perfected. If that is the case, you'll need to ensure the testing companies do "Cross Testing". By that, I mean they ensure it passes all regulatory bodies. An example would be "Product A passes FDA, but not EPA regulations"

Another thing to consider is, who you are going to sell the product to. Sometime, they have specified tests and regulations that they must abide by -- and you can see if the testing center will be able to perform those as well.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Tran Nguyen
Accountant
TransActions Accounting LLC (http://www.TAAccounting.com)