PDA

View Full Version : Invoicing Software

zetajenn
01-06-2015, 11:49 AM
As our business grows and has expanded into wholesale, I've run into problems with invoicing/billing. Some customers pay up front with credit card, some send a check...so I have to remember to bill them. As this is all relatively new to us, we aren't organized in that department so it ends up with me going to payroll and asking if we've been paid from so and so and it is just completely unorganized. I've been generating homemade invoices in Word. Any suggestions for the best (but at a good price) invoicing software? One that would remind me if someone hasn't paid, or will show up as unpaid so I won't forget to bill someone?

Harold Mansfield
01-06-2015, 12:04 PM
What industry are you in? Sometimes there are industry specific solutions out there.

Freelancier
01-06-2015, 12:16 PM
so it ends up with me going to payroll and asking if we've been paid from so and so and it is just completely unorganized. I've been generating homemade invoicesDo you have an accounting department or no? Is your "payroll" person also handling accounts payables?

zetajenn
01-06-2015, 12:22 PM
value added agribusiness. anything from jams and jellies to candied nuts. Wholesale we are selling cases of peanut flour. The wholesale part is what I mostly want the invoicing for. My payroll person is accounting...that's what I should've put. We are a family owned small business so it's also my mom :). But we have so many other things going on on the farm we need a better way to keep up with things. I was looking at Express Invoicing from NCH. It's at office depot.

Harold Mansfield
01-06-2015, 12:27 PM
There has to be quite a few agribusiness or warehouse software's out there. Are you manufacturing or just distributing or both? Are you running a farm too?
Once you narrow in on exactly what you need (based on exactly what you do), I'll bet there are a ton of solutions.

zetajenn
01-06-2015, 12:30 PM
Lol we/I do a little bit of everything but only need the invoicing for wholesale distribution. We don't produce the item on site. We are the distributor for small stores for the company that makes it.

Harold Mansfield
01-06-2015, 12:34 PM
Lol we/I do a little bit of everything but only need the invoicing for wholesale distribution. We don't produce the item on site. We are the distributor for small stores for the company that makes it.
I can't reference a specific software, but I'm positive many of them exist for that type of business. I'm sure someone else who knows will chime in.

Freelancier
01-06-2015, 12:59 PM
You could probably start with Quickbooks or something simple for a few hundred and see how that works out for you for this year and then adjust if it doesn't do enough.

FlyingKite
01-06-2015, 03:51 PM
If you're just a small business why not build a little spreadsheet? That way you can customise it to whatever needs you have. If you use google spreadsheets then I'm assuming you can collaborate with others.