PDA

View Full Version : Web business

TejasWebHosting
01-14-2015, 06:35 PM
After you lock in financing, what is the next step for your business? Many say that a lot of industries are seeing e-commerce as a new means of revenue, if not a main source. Im looking for people who have made a web site and seen dramatic increases in revenue, upwards of 40%+ of that revenue being generated through their website. What are these industries that have 40%+ online? Thanks!

Harold Mansfield
01-14-2015, 06:46 PM
After you lock in financing, what is the next step for your business? Many say that a lot of industries are seeing e-commerce as a new means of revenue, if not a main source. Im looking for people who have made a web site and seen dramatic increases in revenue, upwards of 40%+ of that revenue being generated through their website. What are these industries that have 40%+ online? Thanks!

It's not by industry. It's specific to the capabilities of each company.
I can show you 4 websites that I've built ( but I won't here) that are completely different kinds of companies and industries that went from making nothing from a website, to making sales, or higher sales. Both eCommerce and just with generating leads that turn into customers.

Far too many elements to put it in such basic terms. Just merely being online and selling something means nothing. Everyone and their Mother is doing that. That's what the web is. Everybody is selling something.

Owen
02-01-2015, 12:32 AM
Everyone and their Mother is doing that. That's what the web is. Everybody is selling something. Pinterest and Etsy are great ways to find someone's grandmother or mother.

HooktoWin
02-05-2015, 02:46 AM
Hi TejasWebHosting,

Here's a list of high-growth industries (http://www.forbes.com/sites/sageworks/2014/04/28/the-fastest-growing-industries-over-the-last-year/) via Sageworks. This data is from 2014, and it gives you a quick snapshot of some industries that are growing fast. Other industries are growing quickly as well.

The real question here is why.

Why are these industries growing? I assume you're looking for something stable and profitable over the long term. If that is what you're looking for it has more to do with the individual businesses (and how it's run) than it does with the industry you're in.
Exceptional businesses perform well whether the market is up, down or flat.

Websites need 9 simple and very specific things, to be successful.
Those that have these things do well, those that don't struggle, eventually failing.

Kyle Johnston
03-19-2015, 11:18 AM
It depends. Certain businesses do nearly 100% of their business through their website. For instance etsy and ebay. Some consulting services (you can consult on nearly anything these days, ask yourself what are you good at that people can use your knowledge for?) are based online. Many web development and design companies are based online. Really, if you can imagine it, it is probably being sold online, somewhere. I hope this helps.

Magecom
07-03-2015, 09:32 AM
Have an ecommerce website is a good option for businesses. Your potential customers can buy services and goods 24/7. And they do not need to go anywhere. Sounds good, doesn't it? That's why more and more people purchase online.

A lot of businesses even refuse on having brick-and-mortar stores and sell online. But, website is only a tool. You can develop a great website, but it won't sell anything because of the wrong choice of products. First of all, you have to conduct a research on what products are the best to sell, what can you offer to your potential customers. The market is very competitive. And, it's much better to offer unique products. So, step number two - choose the product and develop the strategy.

Harold Mansfield
07-03-2015, 04:14 PM
Most people have a product they want to sell, and then create the plan to sell it. Not the other way around. You won't make any money selling something that you just grabbed from the sky just so that you can have an ecommerece site.

billbenson
07-07-2015, 02:11 PM
Most people have a product they want to sell, and then create the plan to sell it. Not the other way around. You won't make any money selling something that you just grabbed from the sky just so that you can have an ecommerece site.

There is a saying 'product looking for a market'. This happens a lot. If I were to start out new again, I would look for a recession proof, high dollar, high margin product in a niche industry. I would study the company, their customer support, method of marketing etc.