PDA

View Full Version : [POLL] What are some pains or problems you have managing your business?

archtflirt
01-18-2015, 06:25 PM
Hello everyone, I'm doing an assignment for my BBA305 class and it requires a little bit of research. Although I already have done some regular research on this, I'd like to hear from real business owners. Now that your business is up and running, what are some pains or problems you have in managing your business?

Thank you ahead of time.

JC
01-18-2015, 06:54 PM
Hello everyone, I'm doing an assignment for my BBA305 class and it requires a little bit of research. Although I already have done some regular research on this, I'd like to hear from real business owners. Now that your business is up and running, what are some pains or problems you have in managing your business?

Thank you ahead of time.

Hello archtflirt! Understanding and paying taxes is probably number one for me.

TheDadnator
01-19-2015, 12:24 AM
Keep meticulous books with business and personal finances separate. Discipline yourself to do AT LEAST quarterly paperwork and reporting, if not weekly. Don't let it pile up or it will become too big of an issue to want to deal with.

Fulcrum
01-19-2015, 05:01 PM
Keep meticulous books with business and personal finances separate. Discipline yourself to do AT LEAST quarterly paperwork and reporting, if not weekly. Don't let it pile up or it will become too big of an issue to want to deal with.

Well said. I would recommend doing the paperwork/recording as it occurs and a weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual review of all finances - especially in a start up.

As for pains in management, I would have to say scheduling time since there is only 24 hours in a day.

Dan Furman
01-22-2015, 10:14 PM
Dealing with college kids asking questions is probably #1 :)

Ok, seriously - I would say marketing. Because it's not an exact science. Taxes / paperwork, while tedious, can largely be handled by an accountant.

But the marketing? That's hard. It's fun, mind you, but hard.

Freelancier
01-23-2015, 07:42 AM
Growing my services business beyond just me. It's like deciding whether to swallow the red pill or the blue pill.

Fulcrum
01-23-2015, 05:09 PM
Growing my services business beyond just me. It's like deciding whether to swallow the red pill or the blue pill.

Red pill. Always swallow the red pill.

AluraRCC
01-23-2015, 10:08 PM
Hi there, I just joined this forum today and literally obtained my business license a few weeks ago. That being said, I spoke with an attorney today and for the first time in this adventure, felt extremely overwhelmed, regarding the taxes, certifications, etc that I'll need to be taking care of... He told me that this is the point where many new starters dip out and I have to say I see why. I think the taxes thing is going to be the scariest for me. Taxes scare me in general....