PDA

View Full Version : online store selling imported textiles?

j_d
01-21-2015, 11:45 AM
Greetings. I tried posting in a sub forum and haven't had any feedback yet so I thought I would try here.
Long story short I am looking at the feasibility of importing some niche specific textiles and reselling them on an online store. If anyone has any knowledge or insight as to how to go about this I would appreciate hearing about it.
Thanks,
Josh

vangogh
01-22-2015, 11:20 AM
Hi Josh. Sorry your other thread didn't get a response. I wish I could help more, but textiles and importing are not my specialty. My first thought is to figure out how much it will cost to import the textiles and how much you can reasonably sell them for. Also how many sales you can reasonably make. Do your best to work out the financial numbers to see if you can make a profit and how much.

What have you done so far or how much have you looked into the feasibility of the idea? Are there specific questions you have? Where in the process are you? The ore we know, the better we can help.

j_d
01-22-2015, 08:23 PM
I am familiar with the type of product I want to import and sell. I have seen some numbers on line for similar products and believe there is some margin there for me to make some money. I picked up a domain name and have a meeting scheduled with the SBA in a few days. I have also been looking into how to put together a website. My biggest question is how to identify and contact manufactures and wholesalers of these products. The info I have seen online was from sites such as Global Sources and Canton Fair which seem to be large directories of manufactures. It is possible that one of these will work but I would like to have more to compare.
Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks,
Josh