PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for business

Harveyrogers
02-16-2015, 05:19 AM
Good Morning!

Im 18 years old and looking to start my own business. My family owns a small plot of land around 5 acres. It is located near a boating village in the south west of the UK. We have planning permission for a large commercial barn/Storage area (90m long, 20 wide)

Any suggestions would be a great help

Thanks
Harvey

swiggyswag
02-16-2015, 11:40 AM
Could you by chance include the google map view of the plot? Might help some of us suggest recommendations seeing where it is, what it looks like, etc.

Fulcrum
02-16-2015, 04:34 PM
The better question that should be asked is:

What do you want to do with your business?

Visuals, capital or anything else doesn't really matter until you know what you want to do.

MKarp
02-16-2015, 05:43 PM
You could possibly start a restaurant. Strike deals with the local fisherman and serve fresh from the ocean fish every day.

checkmate
02-19-2015, 10:09 AM
Is there anything you can grow and make to sell to hungry fisherman coming back from a long day of work?

Look for the demand first. Figure out a target group of customers. If you can learn what they want, then it becomes very easy to give it to them.

walmart
02-19-2015, 04:04 PM
Maybe a storage unit? My dad owns one, it is very low maintenance and makes very good income.

MKarp
02-19-2015, 04:07 PM
Maybe a storage unit? My dad owns one, it is very low maintenance and makes very good income.

That's a great idea. Sounds like nice passive income.

Freelancier
02-19-2015, 04:23 PM
I would have gone with "boat storage and (eventually) repair/cleaning" since you're near a boating town.

walmart
02-19-2015, 04:47 PM
@freelancier That's the type of storage he has. He live close to Arbuckle lake in Oklahoma. A phone and new light bulbs is the only thing that takes up his time lol.

DeniseTaylor
02-20-2015, 08:02 AM
Well, my ideas have been taken - storage facility or restaurant. But to add for the storage idea, could you offer RV/boat storage in addition to or instead of personal storage?

Two other ideas come to mind: a convenience store or general store. If the location is rural, those two things can bring in business just by being there.

Harveyrogers
02-20-2015, 01:24 PM
Thanks for all the ideas guys, some great ones put out there. Now its time to get to work!!

TimKnight
02-27-2015, 01:55 PM
Not a bad idea but you have to work a little hard in the primary stage so that the an steady income comes in your account. Make contact with interested people out there. Understand their requirement. Make an offer with discounted rates at first. Later they will be your loyal customers.

Good luck
Tim

Runum
03-01-2015, 06:16 PM
Big rig parking.
Industrial equipment storage - oil/gas drilling equipment
Road building equipment storage
Host your own flea market, swap meet

MyFreeWebSiteNow
03-02-2015, 06:53 AM
The storage facility idea sounds really good. If you've seen breaking bad, something like what Walter White used to store his cash. Got a good friend from school. He got himself a plot of land a couple of years back and built himself a couple of storage units and started to rent them out. Really great passive income! Just make sure you get some decent security for the facilities if you do decide to go down that route.

Kyle Johnston
03-19-2015, 11:10 AM
A temperature controlled building to store fish before it is shipped or whatever might happen to it. You could open a general storage facility (one people can use to store stuff they can't fit in their house).