PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Florida

jaijai
02-20-2015, 10:39 AM
Hey guys! Been lurking on the forums for quite a bit, figured I should finally start posting. I haven't started any businesses of my own yet, but I'm hoping this forum will help me with that. Nice to meet all of you :)

David Hunter
02-20-2015, 11:00 AM
WElcome to the forum!

What business interests do you have?

From Florida, ay? My dad just moved to Fort Lauderdale to sell Harleys!

Bo Nardin
02-20-2015, 05:10 PM
Hello Jaijai.
There are so manny option there so it helps if you are more specific:
What are your interest?
Looking for part-time or full-time?
Considering online, too?
How much time and moneuy you want to invest?

If you write this answers than I am sure you will get planty suggestions and they will be more focused ones.

All the best in your search.

Sunny day. -Bo

vangogh
02-20-2015, 07:29 PM
Welcome to the forum jaijai. We're happy to have you move from lurker to member. Now we all get to interact with each other. :) I'm sure we can help you with ideas and I'll echo what Bo asked. What are you interests? What kind of skills do you have? Those are usually two good places to start looking for business ideas.

Looking forward to getting to know you and thanks for joining the community.

SouthernVelvetCafe
02-20-2015, 09:10 PM
Hello, fellow Floridian! What part of Florida are you in?

jaijai
02-23-2015, 02:04 AM
SouthernVelvetCafe: I'm in Tallahassee! Yourself?

As far as business interests go, I'm interested in starting a music lessons business where independent contractors I hire as teachers go to the houses of students to teach lessons. I'd like to make it a full time business, then increase scalability until I can put it in the hands of a manager and pursue other interests. I'd like to keep initial costs low by keeping the business as mobile as possible, e.g. not renting out an office/teaching space, however because my target audience is teenagers, I'm not sure how well that will work... I don't know how parents will feel about not talking to someone face to face to arrange music lessons. Any thoughts are appreciated!