PDA

View Full Version : How to get carpet cleaning customers online?

Livengood
02-22-2015, 02:42 PM
As I have said before my dad owns a carpet cleaning company. How can I help get some customers for him online? How can I use Facebook for it? Craigslist? Any other way?

Freelancier
02-22-2015, 03:06 PM
How do you differentiate from all the other carpet cleaning companies out there? How will your message not get lost?

Lots of marketing channels, but if they don't match your company's messages, then they'll suck your money into a black hole. So start with the message. Then figure out where your best potential clients will be looking for your message.

Alex - Arvixe
02-22-2015, 09:13 PM
There is no set rules on becoming successful online. You need to play with different channels, measure them, find what works best for you and your company and push them whilst still trying new channels.

Facebook would be a great tool. There are so many users online Facebook so you can actually use their advertising feature (paid) and target users within your local area (or where your dad works).

What is your website URL? SEO would be a key thing.

RR151
02-23-2015, 08:02 PM
Hummm...So many ways to market.

Facebook,

What I don't like about a business on Facebook? All your efforts to do business on Facebook is controlled by Facebook. If you make something happen then they change the rules you are at their mercy. Okay I got that out in the open....

Back to Facebook then...content is an issue. Most business content is boring. You can talk about what and then how often will you have fresh exciting content about carpet cleaning? Not to say carpet cleaning isn't an exciting business. Next if you go along 2 months down the road and you have 4 likes and you are running out of ideas for fresh content that people want to see.

Dr. Ben sees Facebook a bit differently but does address the regular fresh content problem. He advocates creating a Facebook page that is community orientated that is focused on solving community problems 1) idea is an ongoing garage sale, 2) is to sell sports equipment on the page.

1) Local Garage Sale, so if I have a table to sell I add it to the page some one want a table they contact me.

2) The sports equipment is another idea with the same idea...I am looking for size 10 baseball cleats so I visit often looking if someone who has added what I was looking for...

As a business you are there to support the page through marketing and every once in a while you have a sale. The trick is to get the community behind your idea and have them support it.

Simple way to market to the community this idea is through on demand TeeShirt and creating a "I am the #1 fan of X team" with the graphics to the facebook page and of course your Dad's carpet cleaning logos. You don't have to pay for this advertising...but you are seen as a big supporter of the X team and the new Facebook page.

These websites set a minimum number of shirts that have to be sold before they can be made. You set the limit and if they are sold you are off to the races. The difference between the cost and price paid can be apart of the community fundraiser. So if 200 shirts are sold and 10 buck profit = $2,000.00 is donated to the community by your dad's carpet cleaning company...there might even be a tax receipt.

Just a thought, RR

Jimmy Swanson
02-25-2015, 11:07 AM
At first, you need to get a website, and it's a lot of ways to get it very cheap. Then you need to promote it a little bit SEO, so if some people will look it in google like "carpet cleaners *your city/area*" they will see your website and contacts. For getting orders online you can use a pop up addon for it, for better response and conversion.
Next step is - facebook promoting of your service and website, some posts like "another one clean and fresh carpets and their happy owners" and some advices for carpet caring and some beatiful carpet pictures for housewifes.
Next step is to spread a word about your company in your town on some perfomances where could be some housewifes or seniours like children's program or other school stuff.
The main idea is to make people believe that they should clean it oftenly coz of mythical carpet vermin for example.