PDA

View Full Version : switching credit card processors---issues

huggytree
03-03-2015, 09:37 PM
ive been using pnc bank for my credit card processing....been doing it for 2 1/2 years.....now that i got a smart phone i want to use Square

i call pnc....go through menu's over and over.....wait 20 minutes.....talk to a woman, give her all my info....then she finishes with...i cant cancel it for you...someone else needs to talk to you to cancel.....they will call you back....i ask for the persons name and phone #.....she gives me her 1800 # i used to get her.....i ask to be transferred directly to the person....she says no, but they will call you back immediately....they never call back

they make it so you cant cancel

i ran into this once before with a lead generating service.....i tried to quit that company and they told me my reason didnt fit their criteria and would not cancel for the reason i gave....then hung up on me....i had to cancel my credit card to get away from them

now it looks like im going to have to pay $30 to my bank this week to cancel their access to my bank account...

why do large companies do business this way? how do they get any referrals

anyone have experience with Square...seems awesome and cheap

MyITGuy
03-03-2015, 09:48 PM
anyone have experience with Square...seems awesome and cheap

I use Square here and there, never had any issues and like there quick turn around on the deposit....one thing to check into is if they have any daily limits. I seem to recall a $1,500/day limit at some point, but this could be part of a new account or etc...

Freelancier
03-03-2015, 10:57 PM
You signed a bank agreement when you opened the account. On the agreement, you'll find a paragraph about how to cancel it. Most likely it's in writing or via fax. Do that.

huggytree
03-04-2015, 09:25 AM
You signed a bank agreement when you opened the account. On the agreement, you'll find a paragraph about how to cancel it. Most likely it's in writing or via fax. Do that.

i have a copy of the contract..its 3 pages, double sided....it talks about canceling and various things, but refers to other paperwork i dont have

i keep all records...the real full contract is probably 20+ pages and i was never given it..all i have is the 3 pages with all the company info on it

doesnt say how to cancel

i called, they gave me the run around....now ill just cut them off at my banking account for $30 and its over....they said it may be a 3 year contract...i dont see where it says that and they didnt say it is 3 year for sure....its 2.5 years right now....close enough

cutting them off will get their attention and a phone call ill bet?

i hope Square doesnt have a $1500 limit.....i wouldnt see how that would work for any service company.....its not uncommon to have $3,000 days

Freelancier
03-04-2015, 09:54 AM
cutting them off will get their attention and a phone call ill bet?Also might screw with your personal credit history. It's not like they're completely scrupulous... they're a bank after all.

Brian Altenhofel
03-04-2015, 10:10 AM
Square eliminated limits and holds in late 2013 or early 2014.

Even if you went with someone that had limits by default, most of them make it fairly easy to permanently or temporarily increase a limit.

newuser
03-04-2015, 11:55 AM
Do they have some sort of monthly fee they charge? If not, just don't use their services so there's nothing to take from you. Most CC processing companies are garbage. When you get another processor, do month to month so you can cancel whenever. Always buy your own equipment, never rent.

huggytree
03-04-2015, 04:34 PM
Do they have some sort of monthly fee they charge? If not, just don't use their services so there's nothing to take from you. Most CC processing companies are garbage. When you get another processor, do month to month so you can cancel whenever. Always buy your own equipment, never rent.

yes they have a monthly fee...its all so confusing the way they list it all out...its not just 1 $5 fee...its lots of small things and also confusing the way they add everything up...i shopped around and found them all difficult to figure out what they are even charging...i like square...seems basic like it should be

let them screw with my credit......i own everything and pay cash for everything